Mixed greases for wheel bearings...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some Mobil 1 synthetic grease in a dispenser and may have mixed it with Amsoil 2000 racing grease...is this likely to cause a problem and should i clean and repack?

You should be fine. Grease is like corn starch the flavor comes fromt he fat.....Like wise the thickeners in grease are their to hold the oil until it get's cut and leaks from the thickener. I do not see the two having any type of interaction where one would interfere with the other.When people get their oil changed do you think the guys inthe pit worry about what grease was used the last time you changed the oil to lube the chasis? Nope init goes!

While wheel bearing are more demanding then chasis parts again I do not see any issue here with the two! ALso see what MOPAR's Green Police Spec. Grease cost's it is really good stuf for wheel bearing and was designed a long time ago for Police vechiles. If it is cheaper then M1 or Amsoil I would use it and save some money!

mixing soap ot thickener types can cause the oil to de gell and become fluid thus it will drip or run out the bearing. So never mix always start clean.
bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back