Mobil 1 makes Surper Tech Syn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you know that Mobil 1 is the same exact stuff thats in the Super Tech bottle at Wal-Mart? I never thought so either till I was in Advance auto parts last night and got an education on it. I was paying for my oil filter and 2 gallons of washer fluid. The young gun pushing the broom through the aisles was yelling that to his co-worker in the car care aisle. It was quite an educational experience about how Mobil 1 is bottled just for Wal-Mart and that the exact same gallon of Super-Tech that you buy for $20.00 at Wal-Mart is the exact same as Mobil 1. I was fascinated at this very young mans knowledge on the subject.
I didn't have the time or care really to give him a "real" education on the topic. On who really Makes Super-Tech, or that the real price of it was less then $20.00 etc...

Super Tech in my area doesn't use Mobil bottles, and based on all the info I've heard Super Tech oils are made by WPP, not EM.

No it is not the same thing. Warren as in WP makes their the Super Tech Synthetic Mobil does make some of their dino oil though. It depends on what side of the Mississippi you are on!It is too bad that young man does not really know what he is talking about because as much as he is shouting from the roof tops someone is bound to hear him and think he must be right!

ST dino in weights 5w30, 10w30 and 10w40 and 30 weight used to be made by EM in many areas including the southeast. Not any more, and for awhile. It was likely closer to MC5k, not M1.

As of my lastest trip to Wally it now says WNE, which at the very least, means bottled by Warren. The 5w20 and ST Syn was WPP Warren Petroleum Products. AFAIK, never M1.

FYI, lateset trip to Wally now shows WNE with SM rating, no longer SL. Funky looking bottles were gone.

funky
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
You guys got it all wrong. Mobile1 makes Surper Tech...

I just laughed out loud!

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
You guys got it all wrong. Mobile1 makes Surper Tech...
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: bustednutz
Did you know that Mobil 1 is the same exact stuff thats in the Super Tech bottle at Wal-Mart? I never thought so either till I was in Advance auto parts last night and got an education on it.

Next week this same floor-mopper will be saying that Wal-Mart owns their own refinery and they take SuperTech synthetic and just rebadge it as Mobil1. As proof, he will say that all of EM's refineries were knocked out in the last hurricane, so they can't make their own oil anymore.
You heard it in a part store. It's got to be true.

He studies up on the EM products so he can edumacte the customers how to clean out the wax from using QS and Pennzoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back