Mitsubishi CVTF J1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have been trying to get original CVTF-J1 here in Egypt with no success, cant even find it in Europe, they dont use the Lancer 2.0 with CVT, they use the diesel. Anyways with some cross referencing with JATCO(they make the Lancer CVT) I came to the conclusion that the Outlander and X-trail have the same transmission. The Outlander uses CVTF-J1 so I got the X-trail oil which is Nissan NS-2 and took the dive and changed the oil. I am keeping my fingers crossed. One other thing Nissan owns Jatco. Do you think I will be ok?

Welcome to the boards.
thumbsup2.gif
What transaxle do you have on your Lancer? Can you provide the "Trans Code" that's stamped on the plate in the engine compartment? If you have an F1C1, you can substitute SP-III ATF.

You might also want to go to your local dealer and ask if they have part number MZ313973 (Dia Queen CVTF J1).

The Outlander is available with a CVT in Europe and elsewhere. I had an '08 Outlander with a CVT, and the fluid was very easy to source here in Kuwait.

Its is a F1C1. In Egypt they don't have the CVT in any Mitsu. In France they only have the SP-III ATF, but they told me its not the authorized oil for the F1C1. They have them in all of the Gulf countries, but they can not ship them as dangerous goods because they are not in there original packaging, this was my last resort. I am hoping because the Outlander and Nissan X-Trail use the same transmission that Nissan NS-2 will work in my Lancer. Thanks for the advice.

It should work fine with the Nissan fluid. The CVT's share common engineering.

or the dodge caliber cvt fluid. the lancer the caliber the patriot and some nissans, all use the same cvt trans.

Last edited:
Well the Nissan NS-2 cvt oil didn't work, I got stuck in traffic for about 30 minutes and the transmission warning came on. I guess the Nissan Oil is not the same as the Mitsu oil.

Overheat warning? Did it go away once you started moving?
And, is the level correct?

No, it stayed on till i parked the car and then when I started an hour later it was gone, when I got home I drained the oil and put back my old oil that I saved and it has been working fine since. This is really weird. another thing, it wasnt the overheat light, it was the service transmission light. This is really weird considering Nissan uses this oil in the same transmission that Mitsubishi uses CVTF J1. Anyways still trying to get a hold of this oil shipped here. About the level, yes it was correct.

Last edited:
When changing the fluid, the sudden change in fluid quality most likely caused your issue. You'll have to reference the factory service manual in resetting the transmission adaptive learning to start over.

You simply unplug the negative terminal for 30 minutes to accomplish that.

Ziftawi, I would consider emailing Mitsubishi headquarters and explaining your dilemma. The authorised importers cannot just import the car and not import its parts. In the mean time, SP-III would be an alternative to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back