Are Redwing Boots worth it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm the only one that had a bad experiance with them. Bought some around 1990. Had a problem with them (I don't remember what) within 3 months or so of buying them and they would not repair or replace them.

Now when a Redwing salesman comes to the shop I show him the door.

I'm a retired welder and Carolina boots are better in a hot work area, or machine shop. Red Wings pick up machining chips real bad as Carolina boots don't.

I used to buy Red Wings until they got so expensive. I've been using the Wolverines for several years now in a machine shop and have had pretty good luck with them. The boy had a pair of the China RWs and he said that they were very comfortable and have wore good also. We got a discount through the company for them so they were more reasonable price.

My latest several pairs of REDWINGs have lasted more than a dozen years of intermittent wear. No job requirement for them (after first two years), but when it's time for them to be used -- cared for in the interim -- I've always been glad to pay the freight. Have re-soled a few pairs over the years and NEVER been sorry to have bought them versus going through several pairs of cheap boots.

On the subject of footwear, Americans are almost universally stupid. Throwaway shoes make zero sense. And they're ugly. You-gly.

There are boots, and shoes, a lot more expensive than REDWING. You get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back