ENEOS oil....

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I agree 50 weight oil is too thick for 95% of the cars out there. The lash adjusters in a lot of DOHC engines will work poorly with that thick of an oil and can cause oil pressure issues." Show me the data. In G0d I trust, all others send data. Before you do remember my Mazda has passed 250,000kms and ran 25W70 for many years. Never had the head off.

On that sidenote Sprintman, other than fuel economy issues, bearing clearance issues, what possible harm could come from running thicker oil, particularly in the heat of summer crusing 80 mph on the highway on vacation?

I used to own a '91 SL2 Saturn, and I tried Amsoil's 60 weight racing oil a few times for the heck of it. Fuel economy didn't suffer THAT much. The oil pressure was the big one, it stayed pretty strong, even when warmed up good.
confused.gif

Quote:

"I agree 50 weight oil is too thick for 95% of the cars out there. The lash adjusters in a lot of DOHC engines will work poorly with that thick of an oil and can cause oil pressure issues." Show me the data. In G0d I trust, all others send data. Before you do remember my Mazda has passed 250,000kms and ran 25W70 for many years. Never had the head off.

Why do you think 5w-20 or 5w-30 are recommended for most modern DOHC engines? It's not just for best fuel mileage, the valvetrain in most of these motors work best with thin oils.

You missed the point. 5W20 is in U.S only. You have CAFE, we don't. I know of two xW20 here, Redline and Fuchs Titan GT1. Neither are commercially available. 10W30 is available in a few places. 50W are everywhere. 40W may have taken over from 50W as most popular but it' sa close decision.

Like I said it's not just for CAFE reasons that we have 20 and 30 weight oils recommended. I'm not sure why Australia uses 40 weight and 50 weight oils in most cars but the US was using those oils decades ago and has moved on. Theres absolutely no reason for any daily commuter vehicle to use such heavy weight oils.

Surely if 70w or even 50w oil would damage engines, the Aussies wouldn't be using it. Believe it or not, Ford Australia produces much better products there than Ford USA does here.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also the 0w-40 M1 it was compared to is the Eurpean car formula which is superior to the blend of M1 that gets stuffed down our dumb american throats in n. america

I didn't mean to say americans are dumb , just very mis-led
Only in america can oil that contains 0% synthetic product be called synthetic, Synthetic has now been deemed a marketing term and in no way declares the product is or contains synthetic's.
Also just because a pruducts #'s look good on paper IS NO INDICATION THAT PRODUCT WORKS WELL IN AN ENGINE

Im not here to say ENEOS is the best in the world
But i can assure you it is not in the same class as M1,AMS. and RL

And for the people who don't think that you can make 50hp on a 1650 HP engine - Viper

or

40HP on a 1400hp Scion tC drag motor

Please do some math that is less that a 3% gain in HP and torque - That is not very uncommon when upgrading from a false full synthetic to a 100% full synthetic product

Most of the products you are trying to compare ENEOS to are based on technology from 5-10-15 years ago
ENEOS is based on 2006 technology and Nippon Oil Corperation is the leader in Petro technology.
The ENEOS 0w-50 is so advanced you will not see anything like it by any other company for 3-4 years
NO OTHER COMPANY IN THE WORLD HAS THE TECHNOLOGY AND THE MEANS TO PRODUCE 0w-50 PERIOD....
Nippon has the technology to produce 0w-70 today!!
Which is run on a daily basis in F1 and is factory fill for the ENZO Ferrari 110.00 a quart

Quote:

Im not here to say ENEOS is the best in the world
But i can assure you it is not in the same class as M1,AMS. and RL

Actually, you kinda' are saying that.

Quote:

The ENEOS 0w-50 is so advanced you will not see anything like it by any other company for 3-4 years

We are looking for technical information as to why. Not marketing. Base stock types, additives...WHAT is this new 2006 tech that no one else has?

Is Eneos 100% ester based oil like Redline? Yes or no? And prove it.

Sure sounds like group III from the product info wording, which makes all your rants about how "synthetic" oils in the US aren't synthetic, well, laughably ironic and quite telling about a lack of knwoledge about motor oil composition.

You do know that Ferarri fills their engines with quote en quote "non synthetic" group III oil at the factory, don't yea???

As mike1gaz posted, "high-performance hydrorefined base oils".

Could we get an MSDS?

"ENEOS Motor Oil 5W30 is blended from high-performance base oils"

That's Mobil 1 type wording!
laugh.gif

Also, the TBNs are low, so extended drains would not be a wise idea with these oils.

Last edited:
Once again, I do what I always do, I called the source. I spoke to a very nice Japanese fellow. Here is the deal, the 0w-50 is a very special oil in the sense that it is a 100% PAO/Ester blend based oil. It is the oil found in Honda's F1 team. That is a fact. I did not get the %'s of base oils, nor will anyone else. That info will always be proprietary so forget it.

*The 0w-20 is a Grp II/III mix. I believe he said the others are as well. To produce a majority ester based oil is very expensive and not necessary for daily drivers according the guy I spoke with. True. However, the additive technology they use in the other oils is state of the art according to him.

The guy was very nice and straight forward. They prefer people to run the oils and see the difference for themselves. That makes sense. Obviously the marketing teams have to give the dealer's "some" data to make sales pitches against the competition.

Look for a big website upgrade in about 1 month.

They are a very real competitor that will remain a boutique oil. They have no desire to be on teh shelf at Walmart. They will appeal to the high performance crowd.

Buster: I don't suppose you asked him about the TBN and drain intervals did you?

Grp II & III is not all that impressive on the 0W20.

"""And for the people who don't think that you can make 50hp on a 1650 HP engine - Viper"""

you never quoted base HP but a 2-3% gain I would think is perfectly in range and I would not argue it, However 50hp on a base of 500 which is what I thought a Viper was/is would be out of range and NOT do-able.

But then again what is the repeatbility of a engine dyno???
is 2-3% if so then a plus or minus of 50HP would be a normal
variance and as such the gain quoted would not be above the tolorence and NOT valid.

bruce

""NO OTHER COMPANY IN THE WORLD HAS THE TECHNOLOGY AND THE MEANS TO PRODUCE 0w-50 PERIOD....""

""Nippon has the technology to produce 0w-70 today!!""

Oh and by the way ALL the majors even I can make a full PAO/ESTER 0/50 or even a 0/70 PCMO not hard but exspensive and IMHO no market for it.

bruce

Quote:

""NO OTHER COMPANY IN THE WORLD HAS THE TECHNOLOGY AND THE MEANS TO PRODUCE 0w-50 PERIOD....""

""Nippon has the technology to produce 0w-70 today!!""

Oh and by the way ALL the majors even I can make a full PAO/ESTER 0/50 or even a 0/70 PCMO not hard but exspensive and IMHO no market for it.

bruce

Bruce makes an excellent point, not only is there really no market for a 0w50 oil, there is most definitely no market for a 0w70!

Quote:

They are a very real competitor that will remain a boutique oil. They have no desire to be on teh shelf at Walmart. They will appeal to the high performance crowd.

If you look at any of their ads in the "import tuner" rags, they seem like they really want to go after the top performance oriented (Motul 300V, Torco SR5, RL, Neo, etc.) "boutiques".
BTW; I only flip through these publications while at Barnes & Noble, mostly for the pics of hot Asian chicks contained within.
drool.gif
wink.gif

Quote:

Quote:

If you look at any of their ads in the "import tuner" rags, they seem like they really want to go after the top performance oriented (Motul 300V, Torco SR5, RL, Neo, etc.) "boutiques".
BTW; I only flip through these publications while at Barnes & Noble, mostly for the pics of hot Asian chicks contained within.
drool.gif
wink.gif

That's a lie and you know it. You've been sneaking those mags in the customer restrooms and indulging yourself as you look at the new Tundra! Man for peat sakes come out of the closet and admit the Tundra turns you on!
crackmeup.gif

Iknow people who would run a 0W70. The ENEOS 0W50 is the oil I want for summer use. A guy on the Mitsubishi Magna forum has ENEOS sponsorship so I'm hoping it's available here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back