ENEOS oil....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ENEOS, aside from the claimed horsepower increases, how does Eneos 0w50 protect an engine for an OCI of say 6 - 7,000 miles? Meaning, does it have the correct formulation to last that long or longer? I just bought 12 quarts and put 6 of them in my Land Rover 4.0L V8. Hope it works as well as you claim. By the way, the butt dino doesn't register any added HP.

Now about those freebie quarts. I've bought the product so hows about sliding me enough for another OCI so I can run it again after I drain it again in the fall? Or pay for a Dyson Analysis of my oil so we can all see what a "great" product it is.

Nippon manufactures all of their base stock used in the ENEOS line of lubricants.. Originaly Nippon was a technology only company which means they developed tech for esso itsu exxon mobil, now they own and are developing there own fields and exploratatory companys (NOEX). As well as blending and RnD facilities.. For example The new alabama facility is the most high tech blending plant in the world... It is the only facility that can blend toyotas new generation of ATF.. No other company in the world could even supply or buy the quantitys of high end base stock used
Peace

Quote:

They put me on lock down and just let me out $125.00 Bail or How you say Site Support Fee?

Heres ENEOS'S Monthly Newsletter
http://www.eneos.us/documents/newsletter031407.pdf

ENEOS is proud to pick up Chris Rado as a sponsored racing team!!! His Scion tC Time attack car gained over 40+ Hp when switching from an exclusive Valvoline product to ENEOS 0w-50!!
Press Release Link: http://www.world-racing.com/releases_html/020707eneos.doc

Peace:)

yeah peace man BUT where anywhere does this link show anything about 40HP love to see a dyno sheet without that it is all #@$%!.

peace man
bruce

Has anyone that use Eneo's oil, noticed any changes in how their car performs, or any reduction in fuelconsumption. Since most people seem to know that dyno-testing isn't proof, what criterias should those who want to test it, use? Maybe they should find out how it taste, compared to other oils? UOA isn't so much more reliable than a dyno-test, so this should also be excluded.

and I thought $6 a qt Mobil 1 Grp??? was overpriced, hyped with pseudo science and half truths

it's Havoline/Chevron mineral oil or Redline for my rigs depending on app.

I've had their 5w20 in my crankcase now for over 2K miles. So far, a smooth valvetrain, a couple of clicks (meaning tenths) at the pump, smooth and free revving engine, and the oil minder seems to have slowed a tad, as with this mileage with regulation petroleum it was at 60%, and I'm still at 70% life now. Of course, colder temps with the petroleum might play into that, and since this is my first OCI with Eneos, I do plan to change it out sooner, then start the real data comparison to see if it is a great oil with some potential.

I just wish that their site would give more information on the figures themselves. They don't have that for 5w20.

Hmm Let me see if i can find the Cosworth Report. They have done extensive testing of the product, before making the switch from M1 in there racing engines.. They even tore down several engines for examination of wear of the big end bearings, main bearings, piston ring fiction,Piston side load scoring, Cam lobes and bearings, tappet bucket condition, they also peformed pre and post oil analysis, Infared spectrum analysis.. The ENEOS 0w-50 is the only lubricant cosworth had tested that after the test that had little or no sign of additive depletion and no sign of oxidation, Also Eneos 0w-50 refrenced to M1 0w-40 (european car formula) is the only lubricant that allowed items such as the cam, and cylinder head being fine for reuse with out the requirement for rework!!!! That says a lot

I will have to get approval to post the actual copy of the tests 2 reasons
1.the contents of the document are proprietary & confidential to cosworth ltd
2.Mobil is a big sponsor in the champ and alantic car series and if consumers actually saw a side by side comparison it would not be good!!!! for any one
Also the 0w-40 M1 it was compared to is the Eurpean car formula which is superior to the blend of M1 that gets stuffed down our dumb american throats in n. america

You know, all of the 0W50 info is very interesting and though I have a hard time with the 40 HP increase claimed, I do not have a problem with them saying it shows better wear numbers. But I must be honest here, I really do not care. Why, because 95% of use do not own anything that uses 0W50 oil. We all drive real cars that require either 5W20 or 5W30.

All this talk about their new plant making the best is great but they are not making 0W50 for all the new Toyota, Honda, Nissan, or Hyundi's. And, since this is North America, I should add Ford, GM, and Chrysler. They are making 5W20 and 5W30. Will these weights give us 40 HP, "NO", will they give us 5 HP, "NO", will they give us better wear numbers in 5K, 7K, or 10K, who knows, we have not seen any testing.

If their marketing scheme is to pound into our heads how much better their 0W50 is than Mobil 1 0W40 then they are missing the boat. Real test with real cars is whats needed.

Quote:

Also the 0w-40 M1 it was compared to is the Eurpean car formula which is superior to the blend of M1 that gets stuffed down our dumb american throats in n. america

You just called your customer base dumb. I'm gonna stick with Pennzoil Platinum. Peace.
smirk.gif

Eneos, in one thread, claimed to be a sponsor and was warned for it.

We get lots of infomercials here. Its just best to ignore them.

Quote:

Nippon manufactures all of their base stock used in the ENEOS line of lubricants.. [snip]...No other company in the world could even supply or buy the quantitys of high end base stock used

Okay, now I'm confused.

Google indicates that Nippon Oil Refining, Ltd. operates several refineries in Japan. While the largest output is no doubt gasoline, some feedstocks are no doubt produced for the production of group II & III base stocks by a lube oil hydro-cracker.

Also, full synthetic oils are produced by chemical processes in chemical factories.

So what are we actually talking about?

- Eneos motor oil is at best a Grp III synthetic from refinery base oils?

- Eneos motor oil does include full synthetic (Grp IV or Grp V) base stocks that are purchased outside of the Nippon oil conglomerate?

All stocks used in the ENEOS line are made by Nippon or a sub. Some of the OEM II/III stocks are purchased through other suppliers i assume.. All of the ENEOS Lubricants are made only in one facility in japan..

Quote:

For example The new alabama facility is the most high tech blending plant in the world... It is the only facility that can blend toyotas new generation of ATF.. No other company in the world could even supply or buy the quantitys of high end base stock used
Peace

What?
feedtroll.gif

I think it is a bit early to claim he is trolling. If he isn't allowed to post the report, because Mobil1 is a big sponsor, then he cannot do a thing about it.
90crvtec, he also included himself, when he called north Americans dumb. I do think that he mean that north Americans are easily mislead, by the big oil companies and the car industry. Also, car mechanics are not well educated in developments in lubrication. I don't think they have even one hour of it, during their education. Correct me if I am wrong.

Quote:

Why, because 95% of use do not own anything that uses 0W50 oil. We all drive real cars that require either 5W20 or 5W30.

I agree 50 weight oil is too thick for 95% of the cars out there. The lash adjusters in a lot of DOHC engines will work poorly with that thick of an oil and can cause oil pressure issues.

Quote:

90crvtec, he also included himself, when he called north Americans dumb. I do think that he mean that north Americans are easily mislead, by the big oil companies and the car industry.

Conversely, some guy who wants to throw $100 at this site and make wild claims about ENEOS oil sounds misleading to me. I'm not claiming he's a troll but until he can back up his product with tests on REAL cars I'm going to remain skeptical at best. Seeing his responses to most of these posts he has yet to provide any hard evidence that ENEOS is a better oil, most of it is just marketing drivel, just like M1 or Castrol, or anybody else. How about some ENEOS tests similar to what Amsoil did with their oils?

I'd like to see ENEOS run a battery of tests on many different competing oils of the same weight. UOAs of this oil from various different cars would also help us figure out if it's the real deal.

i just love companies that hide behind proprietary rights claims and smoke

Mobil1

ENEOS and the Japanese using w40 and w50 in their small 4 cyl Hondas and Yota's

i just love companies that hide behind proprietary rights claims and smoke

Mobil1
tombstone.gif

ENEOS
tombstone.gif
and the Japanese using w40 and w50 in their small 4 cyl Hondas and Yota's
tombstone.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.