ENEOS oil....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Quote:

Which method does Eneos use to determine VI? At least one of the Eneos oils are described as "hydrorefined base oils" which would be a group III. Could you tell us the base oils for each of their motor oils? They look like pretty good oils based on description and typical properties. Could you tell us what the recommended oil change intervals are and what the warranty is? Could you share a BBB report? Any direct comparisons with other American oils by name?

in the eneos brochures they test their oil against castrol, redline, amsoil, and royal purple. nippon eneos regards castrol as one of the best oils on the american market, but their testing shows better gains with eneos oils. the first dyno event challenge ive been a part of was with Hondoctors at Leading Edge Performance on a dynojet dyno. the test vehicle was an Acura Integra with an 1.8 litre vtec turbo charged engine that baselined at 550 hp with castrol 5w20 in it. the castrol was fresh for the base runs. we then pulled the vehicle back, drained the castrol, then filled with eneos 0w50. the oil, air, and water temp were within .2d of the castrol runs. the barometer was very close as well. we then made 3 runs, each seeing both a hp and tq improvement, but the best run made 19 hp with 15 ft-lbs of torque. no changes were made to the ecu, or engine setup. i will try to get the dyno sheet up asap to support my claim.

and yes, this oil has had color and odor added to it. grab a bottle of mobil 1 and smell it. it smells like straight dino oil. i know, they added smell to theirs as well, but why would they make it smell like conventional oil? its a different, far superior product right? so why not differentiate it by giving it a better, non-natural smell?

i'd like to point out that in 2002 Shell Oil started to buyout Pennzoil. share holders dont usually sell a company if they feel they can compete in the market place without any additional expenditures. the goal is to keep operating costs low to maintain a high profit margin. so, i would speculate that pennzoil was sold because they had inferior technology in one or more aspects of the oil refining business and chose to sell to a more advanced company. and shell is a far more advanced oil company because they participate in motorsports that are more driven for advancement within the automotive community. America's prized motorsport is Nextel, where nothing from the race car finds its way into consumer level cars. just think, if it werent for Formula 1 we might not have abs, dependable fuel injection, the monocoque chassis, improved fuel effeciency, applied aerodynamics, or the hans device
(earnhardt sr could have used one). what has nextel given us? possibly a muscle car with the largest factory wing ever installed onto a producation car.

Dyno testing oils are we?
smile.gif

Can you elaborate on your statement above for an old man. You said we had Castrol 5-20 in the car...ran it on the dyno....pulled it back and drained and refilled with Enos or whatever.....and the water/oil/air temps were within 2f. What did you pre heat the oil to refill? I can put on a buffalo head and striped jaguar britches...dance around the car and I gurantee there will be a variance in RWHP...without changing nothing nada zilch. So dont use dyno runs to prove a lubricant is better than another.
On the other hand...hey if you like that stuff by all means buy it up and use it. I like Cosworth oils myself. Dont care about no dyno proof as Cosworth has better sense than that
smile.gif

Quote:

so im tired of trying to communicate to this forum just how great this oil is, so here are a couple of links that will help you realize just how much better this oil is compared to EVERYTHING else on the market.

LINKS DELETED

So if I buy me some of this Enos Super oil do all them lil girls come with it? Nice links pal.
thread.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Which method does Eneos use to determine VI? At least one of the Eneos oils are described as "hydrorefined base oils" which would be a group III. Could you tell us the base oils for each of their motor oils? They look like pretty good oils based on description and typical properties. Could you tell us what the recommended oil change intervals are and what the warranty is? Could you share a BBB report? Any direct comparisons with other American oils by name?

in the eneos brochures they test their oil against castrol, redline, amsoil, and royal purple. nippon eneos regards castrol as one of the best oils on the american market, but their testing shows better gains with eneos oils. the first dyno event challenge ive been a part of was with Hondoctors at Leading Edge Performance on a dynojet dyno. the test vehicle was an Acura Integra with an 1.8 litre vtec turbo charged engine that baselined at 550 hp with castrol 5w20 in it. the castrol was fresh for the base runs. we then pulled the vehicle back, drained the castrol, then filled with eneos 0w50. the oil, air, and water temp were within .2d of the castrol runs. the barometer was very close as well. we then made 3 runs, each seeing both a hp and tq improvement, but the best run made 19 hp with 15 ft-lbs of torque. no changes were made to the ecu, or engine setup. i will try to get the dyno sheet up asap to support my claim.

and yes, this oil has had color and odor added to it. grab a bottle of mobil 1 and smell it. it smells like straight dino oil. i know, they added smell to theirs as well, but why would they make it smell like conventional oil? its a different, far superior product right? so why not differentiate it by giving it a better, non-natural smell?

i'd like to point out that in 2002 Shell Oil started to buyout Pennzoil. share holders dont usually sell a company if they feel they can compete in the market place without any additional expenditures. the goal is to keep operating costs low to maintain a high profit margin. so, i would speculate that pennzoil was sold because they had inferior technology in one or more aspects of the oil refining business and chose to sell to a more advanced company. and shell is a far more advanced oil company because they participate in motorsports that are more driven for advancement within the automotive community. America's prized motorsport is Nextel, where nothing from the race car finds its way into consumer level cars. just think, if it werent for Formula 1 we might not have abs, dependable fuel injection, the monocoque chassis, improved fuel effeciency, applied aerodynamics, or the hans device
(earnhardt sr could have used one). what has nextel given us? possibly a muscle car with the largest factory wing ever installed onto a producation car.

Dyno testing oils are we?
smile.gif

Can you elaborate on your statement above for an old man. You said we had Castrol 5-20 in the car...ran it on the dyno....pulled it back and drained and refilled with Enos or whatever.....and the water/oil/air temps were within 2f. What did you pre heat the oil to refill? I can put on a buffalo head and striped jaguar britches...dance around the car and I gurantee there will be a variance in RWHP...without changing nothing nada zilch. So dont use dyno runs to prove a lubricant is better than another.
On the other hand...hey if you like that stuff by all means buy it up and use it. I like Cosworth oils myself. Dont care about no dyno proof as Cosworth has better sense than that
smile.gif

crackmeup.gif
thumbsup.gif
That was pretty good Sarge!!

The sad thing is that the Cossie oil is no more.
frown.gif

I got a boatload of Cosworth. lemme see...I got about 24 quarts of 10-40 Cosworth. And of course I'm now running PP 10-30. So I'll sell it cheap
smile.gif
PM me. Great oil though.
Yup these fellas putting faith in dyno testing a product ( oil/Tornado's/Zmax/KN Air Filters) need to come spend a week with ol Sarge......they will never believe that dyno hype again. Ever
smile.gif

""the worlds fastest streetable viper made over 50hp when he switched over to Eneos 0w50. and this is with the 0w50!""

Thats like 10% PROVE it never can happen
dyno error
bruce

make it simple show dyno data with oil at exact same temp and all other temps and flow rates same.
engine does not have tat much internal friction to riase hp 50.
bruce

anything yet?

ENEOSNippon1 is (was?) a $100 site supporter, makes promises, then vanishes....

hmmmmm....maybe the Amsoil guys wacked him?

offtopic.gif

If you are interested in trying some (now granted, you have to purchase it) I got mine from Hybrid Performance, based in FL. They sound like a great bunch of guys.

By the way, my oil minder has indeed slowed down from regular petroleum in the clicks, so maybe there is something to this oil after all, if for anything a well put together synthetic. Just MHO.
thumbsup.gif

A 2007 Honda Pilot. The book says that it can go 10K miles on regular petroleum. I say I don't think so and change the oil between 5 and 6K miles. Now I might get longer with the Eneos, but only my 100 mile/day trips will tell in time (and no much of it, sadly!)
driving.gif

Hey sorrry guys for the vacation.. A few site sponsors didn't like the information i was posting...
(Some people are very set in there ways)

Did you guys know? A majority of Mazda-Cosworth Formula Atlantic cars have switched to ENEOS Oh Ya Cosworth Re-certifed ENEOS Ow-50 for use in their Engines and was the prefered lubricant over M1 0w-40
Peace:)

"Heres ENEOS'S Monthly Newsletter:"
Quote:

This gruling event requires motor oil that can protect cars even if they're up side down!

ooo.gif

Quote:

His Scion tC Time attack car gained over 40+ Hp when switching from an exclusive Valvoline product to ENEOS 0w-50!!

People are going to be asking for some serious documentation when claims like this are made. And what was the viscosity of the Valvoline product?

ENEOS, this site tries to cut through the marketing B/S that ALL the oil companies provide so it's important to just try and stick to the facts. The Amsoil reps on here are professional and know a lot about oil. Despite Amsoil being a cult product among many, on here it's discussed in a more realistic manner.

I see Eneos is heavily involved in racing. In my talks with the Mobil rep I know, that is what got Mobil 1 to really take off around 1983. Racing is great advertising and the best test bed I can think of.

I still don't believe the hp figures you stated. It's not possible from just oil. Not even close. Don't take it personally but I find it hard to believe.

Question for you, who/where does Eneos buy their additives from being there are only a few suppliers worldwide? Do they make their own base oils?

I'm sure it's a very high quality product from the racing endorsements it has received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back