ENEOS oil....

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viscosity_index
this should start you out.

http://www.eneos.us/web/0w-20.aspx
eneos 0w20 spec's

http://www.qpower.com/doc/PDS_Q Racing.pdf
qpower by shell 0w20 spec's. pay attention to the viscosity index.

http://www.eneos.us/web/0w-50.aspx
eneos 0w50 spec's

http://www.castrol.com/liveassets/bp_int..._syntec_usa.pdf
castrol syntec specs, but they dont gi e the VI.

http://www.redlineoil.com/pdf/9.pdf
redline.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/asm.aspx
amsoil.

couldnt find data sheets on royal purple. but if you llok at the VI on all the charts, you will see that none are as good as eneos 0w20.

http://www.eneos.us/web/0w-20.aspx

"1. Low Viscosity (0W-20)
ENEOS Motor Oil 0W20 is blended from high-performance hydrorefined base oils and an optimized additive blend, so it provides much better heat and oxidation stability than regular motor oils blended from solvent-refined base oils. Thanks to its innovative formulation, ENEOS Motor Oil 0W20 achieves a low viscosity of 0W-20, so it enables excellent fuel economy and environmental protection."

Sounds like a group 3 hydrocracked to me.

Which method does Eneos use to determine VI? At least one of the Eneos oils are described as "hydrorefined base oils" which would be a group III. Could you tell us the base oils for each of their motor oils? They look like pretty good oils based on description and typical properties. Could you tell us what the recommended oil change intervals are and what the warranty is? Could you share a BBB report? Any direct comparisons with other American oils by name?

Quote:

here is a very simple test to determine if its a full synthetic or merely a blend- smell it. if it smells only like plastic, its a full synthetic. if it smells like oil, guess what?, it is oil.

It is my understanding that PAO base oils are chemically pure, that is "odorless".

In fact, both ChevronPhillips Chem and the ExxonMobil Chemical division describe their PAO base oils as "clear, colorless, odorless liquids.

Commonly, the additives in a motor oil formulation will impart an odor on the finsished product and this is what I assume you are referring to.

Quote:

Eneos doesnt have that problem. it is comprised up of just single molecules, no chains, so no breaks. there are 2 very different molecules, one that expands with heat, and one that shrinks with heat. since these both balance out each other the oil remains stable under high load and cold weather.

I think the description "single molecules, no chains" describes every synthetic base oil used in passenger car applications. Synthetic base oils are comprised of individual molecules.

The individual molecules consist of strings of hydrocarbon atoms connected in paraffinic or straight chain structure, as opposed to a round ring aromatic or naphthenic structure, and the molecular chain can be broken which has a shearing effect on the viscosity of the oil.

Also, this concept of a molecule that "shrinks with heat" is a new one to me.

I understand how a long, spidery, viscosity improver molecule will uncoil when exposed to heat and add about 2 cSt viscosity at 100C degrees to the base oil, but how does a synthetic fluid molecule decrease in size when exposed to heat?

The synthetic fluid will thin or loose viscosity with an increase in temperature, but the molecular structure is not changing.

Quote:

the 0w50 is a full synthetic. in fact, you are so ignorant you cant even understand that you can determine if an oil is full synthetic or a blend by simply smelling them. a full synthetic is going to smell like plastic because it is very similiar to plastic.

rabhonda, evidently BITOG is too stressful for you so I've given you a vacation from posting for a while. Send me a PM when you think you can play nice again and I'll turn your posting privileges back on. Calling a long time poster ignorant (who is retired from Pennzoil and has forgotten more about oil than you or I will probably ever know) is not playing nice.

Quote:

Which method does Eneos use to determine VI? At least one of the Eneos oils are described as "hydrorefined base oils" which would be a group III. Could you tell us the base oils for each of their motor oils? They look like pretty good oils based on description and typical properties. Could you tell us what the recommended oil change intervals are and what the warranty is? Could you share a BBB report? Any direct comparisons with other American oils by name?

in the eneos brochures they test their oil against castrol, redline, amsoil, and royal purple. nippon eneos regards castrol as one of the best oils on the american market, but their testing shows better gains with eneos oils. the first dyno event challenge ive been a part of was with Hondoctors at Leading Edge Performance on a dynojet dyno. the test vehicle was an Acura Integra with an 1.8 litre vtec turbo charged engine that baselined at 550 hp with castrol 5w20 in it. the castrol was fresh for the base runs. we then pulled the vehicle back, drained the castrol, then filled with eneos 0w50. the oil, air, and water temp were within .2d of the castrol runs. the barometer was very close as well. we then made 3 runs, each seeing both a hp and tq improvement, but the best run made 19 hp with 15 ft-lbs of torque. no changes were made to the ecu, or engine setup. i will try to get the dyno sheet up asap to support my claim.

and yes, this oil has had color and odor added to it. grab a bottle of mobil 1 and smell it. it smells like straight dino oil. i know, they added smell to theirs as well, but why would they make it smell like conventional oil? its a different, far superior product right? so why not differentiate it by giving it a better, non-natural smell?

i'd like to point out that in 2002 Shell Oil started to buyout Pennzoil. share holders dont usually sell a company if they feel they can compete in the market place without any additional expenditures. the goal is to keep operating costs low to maintain a high profit margin. so, i would speculate that pennzoil was sold because they had inferior technology in one or more aspects of the oil refining business and chose to sell to a more advanced company. and shell is a far more advanced oil company because they participate in motorsports that are more driven for advancement within the automotive community. America's prized motorsport is Nextel, where nothing from the race car finds its way into consumer level cars. just think, if it werent for Formula 1 we might not have abs, dependable fuel injection, the monocoque chassis, improved fuel effeciency, applied aerodynamics, or the hans device
(earnhardt sr could have used one). what has nextel given us? possibly a muscle car with the largest factory wing ever installed onto a producation car.

"so, i would speculate that pennzoil was sold because they had inferior technology in one or more aspects of the oil refining business and chose to sell to a more advanced company."

If that's your speculation, you would be wrong.
cheers.gif

Quote:

Nope, but I guess he never specifically said he was going to give away free oil...

No, but ENEOSoil said on 03/01/07 01:12 PM
"If any one is will to test the Eneos Lubricant just tell me where to send it. I have at least 6000 quarts in the warehouse
Im serious"

Obviously ENEOS oil isn't too serious about there word. I gave him the address for Terry, but haven't heard anything about the testing yet.

Yeah I know, that's what I was referring to but I don't think he was specific enough on the word "test" I don't know if he meant VOA, UOA, etc. Would be cool to try some though
smile.gif

Quote:

Quote:

in the eneos brochures they test their oil against castrol, redline, amsoil, and royal purple. nippon eneos regards castrol as one of the best oils on the american market, but their testing shows better gains with eneos oils. the first dyno event challenge ive been a part of was with Hondoctors at Leading Edge Performance on a dynojet dyno. the test vehicle was an Acura Integra with an 1.8 litre vtec turbo charged engine that baselined at 550 hp with castrol 5w20 in it. the castrol was fresh for the base runs. we then pulled the vehicle back, drained the castrol, then filled with eneos 0w50. the oil, air, and water temp were within .2d of the castrol runs. the barometer was very close as well. we then made 3 runs, each seeing both a hp and tq improvement, but the best run made 19 hp with 15 ft-lbs of torque. no changes were made to the ecu, or engine setup. i will try to get the dyno sheet up asap to support my claim.

and yes, this oil has had color and odor added to it. grab a bottle of mobil 1 and smell it. it smells like straight dino oil. i know, they added smell to theirs as well, but why would they make it smell like conventional oil? its a different, far superior product right? so why not differentiate it by giving it a better, non-natural smell?

i'd like to point out that in 2002 Shell Oil started to buyout Pennzoil. share holders dont usually sell a company if they feel they can compete in the market place without any additional expenditures. the goal is to keep operating costs low to maintain a high profit margin. so, i would speculate that pennzoil was sold because they had inferior technology in one or more aspects of the oil refining business and chose to sell to a more advanced company. and shell is a far more advanced oil company because they participate in motorsports that are more driven for advancement within the automotive community. America's prized motorsport is Nextel, where nothing from the race car finds its way into consumer level cars. just think, if it werent for Formula 1 we might not have abs, dependable fuel injection, the monocoque chassis, improved fuel effeciency, applied aerodynamics, or the hans device
(earnhardt sr could have used one). what has nextel given us? possibly a muscle car with the largest factory wing ever installed onto a producation car.

May be a decent oil, but your claims are simply outrageous. I'd love to see you compare that oil in several tests against the big boys (Mobil 1, Amsoil, Redline, GC ect.) I bet the differences between Eneos and the competition would be minimal at best. You also say that it made a big gain over Castrol 5w-20, but thats a conventional oil, syntec was not mentioned. So your basing that Acura HP gain over conventional oil? Thats hardly a comparison, sounds like a good old M1 advertising trick, never comparing synthetic against synthetic, just why synthetic is better than conventional. And how you mention Nextel is funny, that is a company, a very large sponsor in the Nascar world, back when that Mopar with the "huge wing" was made, Nextel was no where to be seen in stock car racing. No doubt F1 cars have helped the automotive world, but so has every other type of racing in one way or another. You use poor comparisons and put downs of other companies and other racing events to make your topics/favorites superior. So far, you've done nothing but represent Eneos Oil in a bad light, for me at least.

Quote:

that baselined at 550 hp with castrol 5w20 in it. the castrol was fresh for the base runs. we then pulled the vehicle back, drained the castrol, then filled with eneos 0w50. the oil, air, and water temp were within .2d of the castrol runs. the barometer was very close as well. we then made 3 runs, each seeing both a hp and tq improvement, but the best run made 19 hp with 15 ft-lbs of torque. no changes were made to the ecu, or engine setup. i will try to get the dyno sheet up asap to support my claim.

I go out of town for a couple of days and miss this...that'll teach me.

Care to explain how an 0W20 with a 100C ~8.5 cSt oil will generate LESS power than an 0W50 with a 100C cSt of 18?

And to the best of my knowledge, PAO and Esters do not get larger or smaller with heat, so there is nothing to "balance out". VII's (polymers) do expand and contract, however.

I just had 6 quarts of Eneos 0W20 in my Mazda 6. Well see how it goes.
Been trying out Amsoil 5W20 for the last 2 fills. Not a big fan of it. Didn't ride as well as Royal Purple.

I ordered 6 qts of 0w50 for my Land Rover Discovery. Haven't had great luck with thinner oils in this engine, wven though I've tried the thin route, down to 30wt anyways. Gonna go thicker, hope it works well, will sample, but won't be until fall.

so im tired of trying to communicate to this forum just how great this oil is, so here are a couple of links that will help you realize just how much better this oil is compared to EVERYTHING else on the market.

BOGUS LINKS DELETED

Last edited by a moderator:
#@$%!, when trying to get info, I get a link to sexiest school girl ever and trying to navigate to get the sheets is not easy (if possible). If your oil is good, you better remove this #@$%! now.

I must modify my above statement, you click the words which say DOWNLOAD..etc. (not apparent as a link). Still not much confidence gleaned from this hosting site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back