ENEOS oil....

Status
Not open for further replies.
If any one is will to test the Eneos Lubricant just tell me where to send it. I have at least 6000 quarts in the warehouse
smile.gif

Im serious

A sample to Terry Dyson in Texas would be perfect. He is a site sponsor. http://www.dysonanalysis.com/
Dyson Analysis
Attention: Terry
3679 CR 2184
Greenville, TX 75402
I'm sure he would be willing to test it. How much you planning on spending for the tests? Even just a simple VOA would be good.

Quote:

If any one is will to test the Eneos Lubricant just tell me where to send it. I have at least 6000 quarts in the warehouse
smile.gif

Im serious

Wow i'd definitely be willing to test it in my Integra
smile.gif
I'm sure my Japanese motor would like the Japanese oil
laugh.gif

They make a good product and last I heard Toyota's made in Japan use their oil as factory fill. I can not recall if the OEM ENOEOS stuff was GII or GIII or both. The stuff I am familar with is very very clear like water when it pours out of the bottle but that was years ago.

Before biting down on some specialy oil, one has to ask what it is they want or expect from it verses plain otc dino oil and then ask if reality is in-line with those expectations. My guess is no.

If ENEOSNippon1 is serious I would be delighted to try Eneos in our Honda Accord and Acura TSX. For free test samples I would also commit to posing UOAs of the result.

The Euro site has some spec's. I looked into the oil as I have a local supplier, but the costs are too high, and the only spec's that looked good to me where the 0W20. But I don't have a car that takes it. Oils tend to be on the thick side as well.

The high VI ATF does look interesting, but I don't think that it will do anymore than the lower priced Amsoil will.

Here are the specs for the 0w-20, what do you guys think, especially compared to the Amsoil ASM 0w-20?

Typical Properties
Quality grade API SM
SAE viscosity grade 0W-20
Appearance Orange
Density (15°C), g/cm3 0.854
Flash point (COC), °C 230
Kinematic viscosity (40°C), mm2/s 41.5
(100°C), mm2/s 8.5
Viscosity index 199
Pour point, °C –45.0
TAN, mgKOH/g 2.4
TBN (HCl), mgKOH/g 5.1
Color (ASTM) L3.5

The Mitsu EVO, Subaru STi and Supra communities. Mynes Performance, an EVO tuning shop just recently had a dyno day where they changed your oil with ENEOS, and if you didn't make more HP on the dyno, you didn't have to pay. Most people made 6-9HP with TQ to match. Mynes shop/race car made 19RWHP. All run were done back to back. I may be trying it in my Supra next. A couple guys in the Supras club report smoother idling and running.

Quote:

The Mitsu EVO, Subaru STi and Supra communities. Mynes Performance, an EVO tuning shop just recently had a dyno day where they changed your oil with ENEOS, and if you didn't make more HP on the dyno, you didn't have to pay. Most people made 6-9HP with TQ to match. Mynes shop/race car made 19RWHP. All run were done back to back. I may be trying it in my Supra next. A couple guys in the Supras club report smoother idling and running.

What weight? 0w-50?

Quote:

20 WHP from differen oil? Come on. Otherwise link please.

The dyno operator must've been "in on it" because there are ways you can trick the dyno into showing higher numbers. There was a guy up here in Toronto who scammed a lot of people by putting a heater near the temperature sensor on the dyno, so the dyno sheet would show inflated numbers due to a higher correction factor. People had gotten their heads/cam packages from this guy and were amazed at the high rear wheel horsepower numbers he was getting. The numbers were 20-30 rwhp higher than they should've been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back