What NOT to use? Stolen gas problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SecondMonkey
I've done this before. Some jerk siphoned out my old truck, and left the gas door open and the cap off. He left the cap in the street where it got ran over, and leaving the door open let in the water from the major rainstorm.
mad.gif

I left an old gas can I had that I was going to throw away anyway because it leaked in the bed of the truck. I filled it with about half old gas, half diesel, and most importantly, a heavy dose of valve lapping compound. I don't know who took it, but after a couple weeks in the back of the truck it disappeared...

Florida radio host "Bubba the Love Sponge" said that valve lapping compound is the worst thing you can put in gasoline, because the diamond and sapphire dust are extremely durable abrasives.

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
Originally Posted By: Craig in Canada
Originally Posted By: SuperDave456

Sure You won't know who it is. But you also don't want him to figure it out, remember he knows where he got the small can of gas from.

I'd want him to know where he got the gas from, and come and pay me a visit.

If your vehicle was left outside where they could steal the gas in the first place they aren't going to knock on the door, they'll just destroy your vehicle where it sits.

It'll end up costing you more than it cost them.

At least with the heavy dose of oil to make a smoker it could reasonably be two-stoke mix and not on purpose.

I wouldn't expect them to come a knocking. I guess being born and raised in East NY before moving to Long Island I look at things through different glasses. Now living in WA I'm surrounded by nice people, its just different here. Anyway trust me they be pouring a cocktail into their tank they'd never forget.
cheers3.gif
15.gif

Maybe not knocking, but...... A friend of mine had her mini van broken into. Not just her's but about six or seven on the same block. They took her Garmin among other things. A couple of days later, she found a note on her car asking her when she would get another one, as the one taken didn't work well.

Another caught a guy siphioning gas from his car. Put his gun to his head and made him swallow it. Guess who got in bigger trouble.

I had a buddy catch someone with his Mustang's hood up taking the battery. Or should I say, trying to take the battery. He took a bat to both the guys legs, guess whose legs hurt more? LOL

I had a buddy catch someone with his Mustang's hood up taking the battery. Or should I say, trying to take the battery. He took a bat to both the guys legs, guess whose legs hurt more? LOL
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Craig in Canada
Originally Posted By: SuperDave456

Sure You won't know who it is. But you also don't want him to figure it out, remember he knows where he got the small can of gas from.

I'd want him to know where he got the gas from, and come and pay me a visit.

If your vehicle was left outside where they could steal the gas in the first place they aren't going to knock on the door, they'll just destroy your vehicle where it sits.

It'll end up costing you more than it cost them.

At least with the heavy dose of oil to make a smoker it could reasonably be two-stoke mix and not on purpose.

Heck, just fill the red can with diesel... "It was diesel, moron, don't steal my gas..."

This is the correct motorcycle. Life is too short to want to have interaction with people who would steal two gallons of gasoline.

You're right! Life is too short to sweat the small stuff! Where I work and live now I have a feeling I won't be having the problems of stolen gas, stolen cars, batteries, or tires anymore. Now all I think about is the rainy season.

Originally Posted By: John_K
I've heard gas mixed with bleach does wonders.

John

An episode of the Mythbusters covered that one.

What happened was that the bleach caused severe corrosion in all of the steel parts of the fuel system. Flakes of rust the clogged up every other part of the fuel system.

My vindictive nature says get the stealer good and wreck the engine or make it cost big bucks. However: A good mix of diesel and gas 50/50? so the car runs terrible or stalls may save a daddy some real problems and teach a son something. I guess I am a [censored] pear; hard outside and somewhat soft inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back