New Amsoil Off Road Grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea what the "polymeric" portion is?

Quote:
Should meet Caterpillars specs with the 5% moly. Probably why they came out with it.

The equipment on the label are CAT yellow, I wonder if that's a hint?

Wow when did this hit the market? I just looked at the specs...that weld point is crazy! Should be a good seller for the guys servicing commercial accounts. For the normal vehicles I'll stick with their lovely purple GHD grease- it's hard to beat the PC pricing for that product.

Originally Posted By: tom slick

Probably tackifier and string. The Green Grease at Autozone advertises the same thing and it is stringy and tacky as heck.

Anybody know the moly % on the GHD?

I wouldn't mind getting a tube of this grease to try out in our skid steer loader. Im sick of the delo grease squeezing out of the pins. I am hard on it a little though. It would be a good test of it staying put in the worn out pins.

Good lord Tater do you run a quick lube or something :). You're a grease ho fo sho LOL. That's alright I have about 11 tubes on hand that I just had to have for the price. At my current grease consumption rate it's going to last me about 4 1/2 years.

I've been running my tractor hard. Some maybe surprise how quickly a tube of grease gets used up just on the loader. There are 14 zerks on my loader not to mention the tractor and other implements. Depending on what I am working on I may go through 1/2 a tube a month or more. Better to have to much grease then not enough I say.

Last year the Amsoil tech guys told me it was 1.5%

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Originally Posted By: tom slick

Anybody know the moly % on the GHD?

I am in no hurry to change from Cat Desert Gold Grease, but I would certainly give this Amsoil Off Road a try.

Anyone know the compatibility between the two?

Originally Posted By: Sylvatica
I am in no hurry to change from Cat Desert Gold Grease, but I would certainly give this Amsoil Off Road a try.

VERY good question. I will ask.

Originally Posted By: Sylvatica

They both have Calcium Sulfonate Complex thickeners and shouldn't have any compatibility problems. Many of the specs are remarkably similar between the two greases, how does the price compare to the Cat grease?

Originally Posted By: Pablo
From Amsoil:

Quote:
The Cat Desert Gold Grease is completely compatible with our new Off Road Grease.

Good to know. Thanks for the helpful info.

Which is used the most? NLGI #1 or #2. What is the general applications for each in these in the off-road market?

NLGI #1 is used more in the winter in colder climents as it is easier to pump, however #2 probably out sells the #1 2:1. Most applications for this type of grease is for the #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back