2007 A6 3.2 Starting issue(Dead battery?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2007 A6 3.2 which to be honest doesnt get much use. Car has 16k miles on it. I usually drive it once a week 60 miles round trip all highway. It may go a week or 2 at times without being used. I went to start car at work and turned key(No Advance Key) and I heard nothing first time, a click second time, and it started on the third attempt. When I got home I put the battery on charge and it took a charge for about 1-2 hours. After the battery was charged I heard a click when I attempted to start it the first time, but then it started normally after that. I know I am still under warranty, but to be frank I am not confident they will find the issue since its intermittent. Any ideas could the battery be bad?? The battery is 3 years old

Try jumping it with another car. If it starts fine, I guess you have a weak battery or take it to AAP or Autozone to have them test it for free.

Slap a booster on it. The batt is toast.

fwiw, I just looked up the WalMart battery for VW/Audi/BMW, it's #41-4 and it's $65. Take the part number with you because the the catalog does not reference many vehicles.

Wal-Mart has the following batteries which can be used in European cars. All are the same width, with recessed reverse terminals.

40R -- this does not have mounting flanges on the narrow side. Smaller than a group 41, but bigger than a group 47. Does not have provisions for remote vent tube--all the others do.

41 -- this also does not have mounting flanges on the narrow side.

47 -- this does have mounting flanges on the narrow side. The smallest of all of these lengthwise, but taller by about 1/2".

48 -- mounting flanges on the narrow side, slightly larger than the group 41 battery, larger than the group 47 battery. This is the one to get if you have room, as it has the highest CCA rating (700CCA).

I could use any of these batteries in my Saab 93, except for the fact that the hold-down is on the narrow side of the battery, so there's no way to secure the 40R and 41.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back