WHO MAKES BOBCAT HYDRAULIC FLUID? ..EQUIVALENT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE HELP...I HAVE A BOBCAT CT225 TRACTOR, HYDROSTATIC , 4WD, TRANSMISSION AND HYDRAULICS SHARE THE SAME OIL/FLUID EACH WITH SEPARATE FILTER...I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS WHO MAKES THE HYDRAULIC FLUID FOR BOBCAT AND/OR WHAT WOULD BE A LESS EXPENSIVE EQUIVALENT??? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP..

I don't know who makes it for Bobcat or Kioti but just about any UTF meets the spec for use in either. I am using Amsoils tractor hydraulic in my Kioti CK25HST which is the twin on a CT225.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/ath.aspx

Amsoil UTF is the more expensive route, you can buy Supertech UTF at walmart or just go to Napa and get some cheap UTF. I used gear oil in the front diff. If you have HST then you need just short of 8 gallons of UTF if you use gear oil in the front diff, with UTF in the front diff you need 9.5 gallons.

Thank you! Any recomendations for or against the Traveller stuff from Tractor Supply? Also, did you change your fluid at the first 50 hour service, or did you just change filters and not change fluid until later?

I changed the fluid and filters since I was going to all amsoil. I have no issues with the UTF available at TSC since many, many people are using it. If cost is an issue I would use it or Napa UTF, Walmart supertech would actually be last on my list.

There's an on-going discussion at tractorbynet.com right now. Check out Bobcat tractor discussion and the oil/fluids discussion.

if the Bobcat tractor is anything like their other equipment they use proprietary Bobcat hydraulic fluid in their machines. Standary hydraulic fluid will DAMAGE Bobcat pumps and seals. I have read on other forums where the skidsteers can either run on the recommended Bobcat brand hydraulic fluid or 10w 30 motor oil will suffice once they are out of warranty. That might sound odd but that is what is posted be reliable sources. I own a Bobcat brand skidsteer and a 5 gallon bucket of their hydro fluid runs around $100 USD pretty pricey. The good news is unless you change it a 5 gallon bucket lasts a long time. You can go to the skidsteerforum.com and search the bobcat forums for more information on the subject. I myself belly up to the bar and use the Bobcat brand in my machine to make sure I am covered. This equipment costs too much to trade off for something this important. Oil for vehicles is one thing tractors and skidsteer and that type of equipment are more expensive to take care of in general.

Last edited:
It's actually manufactured by Kioti, and they tend to specify fairly generic fluids. However, it sounds like Bobcat is still recommending their own fluid. So far, it looks like nothing exactly on the market is the same as the Bobcat stuff.

Perhaps this is not the best place for this this post but if not someone can help with where it should be posted.

Because of the differences between "hydraulic" fluid and "hydrostatic" fluids, wouldn't it be good to have a separate thread for "hydrostatic" fluids to emphasize that difference? Isn't it true that running "hydraulic" fluid where "hydrostatic" fluid is required can have disastrous results to a machine?

Is any one familiar with running synthetic hydraulic oil instead of bobcat brand hydraulic oil in a bobcat machine. It seems as if I read somewhere that synthetic hydraulic fluid was a benefit in making the hoses have a longer life than regular hydraulic fluid. Does anyone know if this is true?

Longer hose life could be of particular value on a skid steer.

Also,does anyone know the cost of synthetic hydaulic fluid appropriate for use in a bobcat skid steer compared to the
approximate $100 for 5 gallons of bobcat fluid as mentioned above?

I have an old jug of the Bobcat fluid here and it says on the side panel "Mobil DTE 15M fluid" Apparently it's no longer produced but this may help you find an alternative.

OK, you are talking about $200 for Amsoil synthetic hydraulic fluid (5 gal). You can become a preferred buyer and get about 20% off.

If the Bobcat container did indeed say Mobil DTE 15M then its ISO grade 46 according to a Mobil website. Amsoil and others make hydraulic fluid by ISO grade and they have a 46.

I guess if it were me I might put synthetic fluid in the hydrostatic section, but not the chain case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back