New cheap motorcycle oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently was in China*Mart and saw some Warren Performance Packaging 10W-40 API-SF oil. Clearly labeled for no car newer than 1988, but just the stuff for the motorcycle riders who take the text in their motorcycle owner's manual absolutely literally.

it would be interesting to see what an analyzed sample of that oil (new) contains, comparitive to other known quality motorcycle specific SF rated oils

Originally Posted By: Ken2
I recently was in China*Mart and saw some Warren Performance Packaging 10W-40 API-SF oil. Clearly labeled for no car newer than 1988, but just the stuff for the motorcycle riders who take the text in their motorcycle owner's manual absolutely literally.

Hurry! Send in an oil sample and let us know what's in it !!!!

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: kballowe
Hurry! Send in an oil sample and let us know what's in it !!!!
Lots of lead and the tears of Chinese slave laborers.

It didn't upgrade/backgrade to SF by having too much zinc or too finely balanced an additive package. Nor by having over awesome basestocks.

Mostly intended for watercooled oil burning beater cars, not something really sheary like a shared sump bike tranny!!

Could it be the same company that distributes Accell ? At the walmart in our area they sell an oil called Acell and it's SF rated...It says on the bottle that it's for use in 1988 and older, also it cautions that it may not provide adequate sludge protection.

According to my owners manual I could use that oil..But when I think about it if you're going to use a conventional oil it seems like you would be better off using a non energy concerving SM oil of any of the major brands such as Castrol, Pennzoil, Valvoline ect ect...

Originally Posted By: Ken2

Did it just say "Warren Packaging", or was it SuperTech or something?

With the already really low prices (sales rebates etc) and house brand oils out there. Is there really a market for this stuff? Why would someone even bother with this stuff?

Warren black bottle, next to the ST blue bottles.

I have no idea why anyone would buy this stuff, except some folks truly do long for the good old days....

Originally Posted By: heavyhitter
With the already really low prices (sales rebates etc) and house brand oils out there. Is there really a market for this stuff? Why would someone even bother with this stuff?

I agree.

After all, it's not like we're lubricating a GE 4400 locomotive. Why buy [censored] when excellent oils are available at very good prices - especially when it's on sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back