Penzoil 5w-20 Synthetic / 3000mi / 2004 F250 V-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I just sent in a used oil sample to blackstone labs after 3000 miles of moderate towing and hauling (7000lb 26ft travel trailer and fully loaded with 4 people and about 1k of gear in the bed.

I was wanting to check for the presence of coolant in the oil, but it doesn't seem that it's that likely considering the report. I did fail to check the oil level prior to changing the oil so it's possible I was running a quart low when I submitted this report thus making it mimick a 4500 mile interval.

Any thoughts or reactions?

Specs on truck

Penzoil 5w-20 Full Synthetic
Motorcraft FL-820S Filter
101,400 at oil change w/ 3000 miles on the truck.
Honestly didn't check if it was using oil.
Truck runs great.

OilReport.jpg

Last edited:
I have seen several great UOAs with PP. Low wear numbers and reasonable TBN. It seems to have a lot of calcium as well, as most other oils I have seen never have over 3000 ppm. I am almost sold on it. I just put some in my 4.0 Ranger a couple weeks ago and we will see how it does in my particular vehicle come spring.

Last edited:
Glad to hear it's not horrible oil, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the UOA. Wal-Mart had a special on Pennzoil Platinum last week where you paid $20 per 5 quarts, and got a free $15 gift card with purchase. It was the deal of the century as far as I was concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back