What are you listening to right now?

Can't tell you. I was plucking stray "memory" clips from my personal Dark Ages were the radio was my only source.

You should get "American III: Solitary Man" and "American IV: The Man Comes Around." His voice was always good, but I think it was at his best in his later years.

Cowboy Junkies - Sweet Jane

I especially like the Natural Born Killers soundtrack version. Great Cohen songs on there too.

soundtrack to the movie "the assasination of jesse james by the coward robert ford"

i recommend it to anyone. i love this movie and the music by nick cave. just disappointed the cameo nick cave did was not on the soundtrack!

Last edited:
The Smashing Pumpkins
grin2.gif

Everybody knows somebody like this. Some people have a hard time making new friends. A little kindness can go a long way. I got KO'd at work tonight and had to lock myself in the bathroom for a while. I literally can't remember the last time I cried that hard. I kind of forgot who I was for a while after that. That must be why I'm doing this. That makes the most sense out of anything.

I wonder how many people enjoy this story. There's certainly more than one level at which to do so.

Originally Posted By: Julian
Some people have a hard time making new friends. A little kindness can go a long way.

The Black Crowes

I saw a lot of people that needed help just today, as a matter of fact. I took my car in this morning to get the tie rod end replaced and have the front end aligned (I couldn't afford both when I took it in the first time since I didn't get paid until today), and I saw some young girl with a baby sitting there with her mother who got hit for an extra $200 because of some cooling issue which had been neglected. I felt really bad for her, and I was kind of toying with the idea of paying for it but figured that would creep both of them, if not just the mother out (this girl had to be about 16). I was half-reading one of the magazines at the shop while I was watching them, and about that time, I came across an envelope someone had left in there which had an official-looking letter about a mother paying the rent for her daughter for a few months. I figured I had made the right decision at that point, and a few minutes later, my very own mother came and picked me up anyway (I had called her earlier because the wait time was going to be long). It ended up not being much more than an hour, which was about half the time they had estimated. The girl's car was supposed to be ready in about an hour too, but I never saw any of them again. When I came back to pick my car up, one of the shop guys talking with the cashier (everyone I've run into on this cold, rainy day has been amazingly nice except cashiers for some reason... this guy being the lone exception) was whining loudly about how he didn't have any money. The thought didn't even cross my mind with him. Now I have no problem giving money to people I don't know, and as a matter of fact, I kind of had a homeless friend for a while that I bought drinks for when we were out at the bars (I'm not saying this is a good idea... I did make sure to tell him all about the shelter down the street since I'm friends with the guy who manages it). Now if it won't break your bank (so to speak) and you have some kindness to share with those who want to take what you have to give out of a conversation or polite smile or something (culturally appropriate), I can't see anything wrong with that.

Back