Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-90 in lieu of 80W-90?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mez

I need to change my Transfer gear oil in my Honda Ridgeline. The Ridgeline spec's hypoil gear oil 80w-90 GL4 or GL5. I interested in using Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-90. Is that acceptable for what Honda requires?

Originally Posted By: mez
I need to change my Transfer gear oil in my Honda Ridgeline. The Ridgeline spec's hypoil gear oil 80w-90 GL4 or GL5. I interested in using Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-90. Is that acceptable for what Honda requires?

Yes. No problem.

Just curious. Is there a reason you want SVG over the AGL that is spec'd? I too don't see an issue.

Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles
Quote:
The closest Amsoil Severe Gear choice to the 80W-90 is the 75W-110

This IS true - the SVT viscosity parameters are much closer and for diffs absolutely. But in his Ridgeline's TC the 75W-90 SVG works like a champ.

Either would be fine.

I'm running 75w110 in my rear dana 44 axle. It originally calls for 80w90.

I've run 80w90 as well in both conventional and synthetic.

I noticed a "slight" drop in MPG going to the 75w110, but I dont mind the extra thickness in a diff situation.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles
Quote:
The closest Amsoil Severe Gear choice to the 80W-90 is the 75W-110

This IS true - the SVT viscosity parameters are much closer and for diffs absolutely. But in his Ridgeline's TC the 75W-90 SVG works like a champ.

That makes perfect sense. The Warner 1356 TC in my F-150 uses ATF and is still difficult to shift at times.

I use the Amsoil AGL 80W90 (that`s what my car`s rear diff specs) and it`s sooooooooo smooth and quiet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back