Oil for vtr250 in Australia, a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys/girls!

This is my first post on here but I have a few bike and geographic specific questions.

Firstly my bike is a 2006 vtr250 with 13 000 kms, I live in western Australia which has quite a large temperature variation and temps can reach more than 40 degrees C during summer..

I recently changed the oil in my vtr250 to motul 5100 10w50 semi synthetic but in the user manual it only specifies temp ranges for 10w40 and 20w50. Is this oil ok for my bike and if so will it be fine in summer when the average temp is around 30 degrees c and can go to 40..

Is this viscosity ok for use all year round or do I need something heavier for summer? Also what is the recommended operating temps for motul 5100 10w50?

S

I'm sure 10W50 will be fine, whether it'll stay a 50, or even a 40, for long one won't know without a UOA.

Over here in Canada/USA we don't get the VTR250, but I sure wish we would. Nice bike!

Thanks for your reply! So it doesnt matter that the manufacturer doesn't specify a 10w50 in the manual?

THanks! Yeh its a great bike but lacks a bit of power, still i think its great to learn on because if you make a mistake it won't bite you too hard!

Looking at a drz400sm for my next bike but we shall see

Don't forget the Penrite range. Penrite Diesel 15W-50, a semi-syn, and the SIN range are suitable for bikes with wet clutches. All are high in zinc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back