01 F350 7.3 PowerStroke 5800Mi UOA 15w-40 Rotella

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sample was taken from my friend's truck with 126k on the clock, and with 5800 miles on the oil in the sample. It towed ~14k for about 1000 miles of this run up a couple serious grades. It has the full Banks Big Hoss kit and he runs Lucas additive occasionally. What do you guys think?

kais73.jpg

Last edited:
Skip the Lucas additive. The back of the bottle even says not to run it in a Powerstroke. It recommends their "synthetic" formula. Personally I would not run either and just run a good HDEO (any).
Oil sheared back a bit, but 14k up a hill will do that. Otherwise, looks good!

Originally Posted By: Onmo'Eegusee
Skip the Lucas additive. The back of the bottle even says not to run it in a Powerstroke. It recommends their "synthetic" formula. Personally I would not run either and just run a good HDEO (any).

Thanks for the insight. I also forgot to state that is the Lucas UCL that goes in the fuel, not the oil... My fault.

Originally Posted By: Jim_Truett
Originally Posted By: Onmo'Eegusee

Thanks for the insight. I also forgot to state that is the Lucas UCL that goes in the fuel, not the oil... My fault.

AH! That probably is doing a whole lot of nothing in diesel I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back