where to buy kyb struts cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put some on my 96 Camry =) They are a little stiffer than the originals, I just got them from my local parts store. They were cheaper than the Monroe.

Rockauto is the cheapest.

Fronts $70.00 each.
Rears $60.00 each.

I have the KYB GR2's in my '95 Camry.

Also don't forget the discount code.
Just search google for "Rockauto Discount Code"
The best list seems to be on Retailmenot.com.
It will give you 5% off.
Finally when changing your struts, change your strut mounts at the same time. These are very common in these cars. They cause a clunk noise over bumps. Also check your rear sway bar bushings if you have noise over bumps.

Justin

I got a set of 4 for saturn for $150 + 15 s/h off ebay.

Carquest carries them too as their store brand if you can get a discount.

these any good? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370266180843&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

You might not consider a strut assembly complete until it has its spring, mount, nut, etc on... so replacing the big part is replacing the cartridge?

Paging Critic...

My first inclination would be to skip those off brand struts.

$245 looks good.

The GR2s I put on my saturn a few years ago are doing great. The one odd thing is their oblongated mounting holes seriously require an alignment afterwards.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
why do some say cartridge and sometimes it'll say strut?

Certain 1990s GM cars had "Strut cartridges" where you could replace only the wear item in the front struts, saving time and money.

A Toyota Camry doesn't have that.

It is just another car that has a strut, spring, and upper pivot all bolted together to form an assembly.

I bought a pair of KYB-GR2s for my 97 legacy two years ago off of Ebay, and they've been great; just as good as the day I bought 'em!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back