chain oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Tempest
Interesting how the MP contains paraffin wax.

Don't eat it.
wink.gif

Just revised this one to see if anyone is using the HDMP on chains.

Just used an on-bike chain cleaner to degrease, then washed in water, then blew-dry with a heat gun... relubed with finish line ceramic... on my wife's road bike. Wouldnt mind trying HDMP on my mountain bike, unless the waxy film picks up too much junk.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Just revised this one to see if anyone is using the HDMP on chains.

Just used an on-bike chain cleaner to degrease, then washed in water, then blew-dry with a heat gun... relubed with finish line ceramic... on my wife's road bike. Wouldnt mind trying HDMP on my mountain bike, unless the waxy film picks up too much junk.

I haven't tried HDMP yet, I am waiting into my stock of Prolink runs out.

Most waxy type chain lubes flake off the dirt rather than attracting it. The catch is that you have to add it more often.

I don't know if that is the case with HDMP, maybe Pablo can answer that.

I used to use Tri-Flow, but recently have switched to the wax stuff for summer outdoor riding. Tri-Flow works well for winter training though so maybe I'll pick up a can, not cheap though...

Last edited:
The OP could just mail order bicycle chain lube. I'm partial to Pedros.
Here are some tips, if I may, oil the inside of the chain, not the outside like most people do. It lubricates the side that touches the cogs.
Also cleaning the chain is equally as important as lubing the chain. A gritty chain will accelerate cog and chainring wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back