Does Pennzoil cause sludge or not???

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is threads like this one: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/showtopic.php?tid/1494761/ that make me begin doubting again...

I know the old [censored] stories, but what about the people (and I have ran across many both in person & online)who have 1st person experience with this and swear they saw it and it was enough to make them switch. I am not talking about those who repeat hearsay, but those who claim to have actually torn down an engine that they maintained with Pennzoil every 3k and it still was "caked"???

That first post hurt my brain.

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Nuff' said.

Originally Posted By: FastSUV
It is threads like this one: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/showtopic.php?tid/1494761/ that make me begin doubting again...

I know the old [censored] stories, but what about the people (and I have ran across many both in person & online)who have 1st person experience with this and swear they saw it and it was enough to make them switch. I am not talking about those who repeat hearsay, but those who claim to have actually torn down an engine that they maintained with Pennzoil every 3k and it still was "caked"???

forgive me for being so blunt but I begin to have doubts about your intelligence now....

Last edited:
LOL...it is late; I am bored & tired and cruising google for oil...being a long-time Castrol dino man, this board convinced me Pennzoil is best and then I see stuff like that.

I am not saying I believe it, but maybe by opening this can of worms we can get to the meat & potatoes of these people who actually make these claims and not just the ones who spread some rumor they "heard".

Unless you see it right before your very own eyes,otherwise, I would only take anyone's reply with a grain of salt these days for there are lots of unsubstantiated claims, rumours, urban legends and housewife's tales that will linger on like a zombie on the internet no matter how hard critics like me try to clear things up.

Just like those stoopid emails about "bonzai kitten", etc. it will never go away.

good nite and get some rest. You'll regain your rational thoughts and logical mind over this long weekend.

Q.

I've used Pennzwax in my early motoring years 18 yrs ago in my newly bought 323 and with OCI set @ 6000kms back then (dino), I've never had a single failure on my engine (those were the days where pennzwax was one of the one frequently onsale in my area) and guess what? My engine still runs like a charm when I sold it for a Honda fit 3 yrs ago (due to severe paint peeling otherwise mechanically perfect) and it still passed annual air care like a charm, never burn a single drop of oil, compression testings indicated pressure deviation of less than 3~5psi from factory spec.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FastSUV

2310943706_be1d0e3172.jpg

someone please lock this thread before we get another kitty pic!!!

I have learned one thing about the internet. If you have an answer already in your mind and you want validation for it, simply google it and you'll find your validation, valid or not. It's the nature of the beast.

The internet provided a forum to the highly uninformed.

Where did all this Pennzoil sludge stuff come from? I've heard it in other forums. I had someone tell me I was an idiot for using PP in my truck and anyone with mechanical experience would never use Pennzoil.

Originally Posted By: slinky
Where did all this Pennzoil sludge stuff come from? I've heard it in other forums. I had someone tell me I was an idiot for using PP in my truck and anyone with mechanical experience would never use Pennzoil.

Probably a few idiots/morons (take your pick) got together that had sludge problems from neglecting their cars. Just so happens they just happened to be using the #1 selling engine oil in the world at the time. Tough being #1. Rumors spread fast, and the Internet helps spread them even faster. JMO

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Quote:
Does Pennzoil cause sludge or not???

33.gif

+
33.gif
09.gif

Come on now FSUV, an established BITOGer posting urban oil legends.
06.gif

well, I have a 1992 Lincoln Towncar that I got new. It has well over 150,000 Miles, and I've only used pennzoil. To this day she runs good!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back