Help with mom's Sportage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Chris142
ya I'm printing out all 5000 pages lol.

If you need the rest of it let me know. I think you have what you need to troubleshoot the short.

Well I'm looking at this stuff and I have no clue what I'm looking at. Thx for your effort but it's going to have to go to a shop.

Well, I looked over that circuit for you. I would try a new EGI relay. If that doesn't fix it that circuit provides +12 volts to multiple areas such as the fuel injectors, cam position sensor and the ECU itself. So tracking down the culprit could get intense and time consuming.

Well my friend found some rubbed wires so we fixed that all up. Seemed to run great! Today a guy with no license or insurance ran a stop sign and mom T-boned him.

I think it's totaled
frown.gif
Don't look too bad in the pic. The LF tire is pushed back into the fender. Frame is kinked behind the lower A-Arm.

Gut that ran the stop left in a meatwagon.

1008091714.jpg

Ouch! Many times this problem is caused by a short in the pump itself or when the pump is on its last leg. I have had this exact problem in several cars and only figured it out after spending lots of $$$ on relays. The rubbing wires could also contribute to the problem as well, but might not be the main cause.

Last edited:
Well my friend found some rubbed wires so we fixed that all up. Seemed to run great! Today a guy with no license or insurance ran a stop sign and mom T-boned him.

I think it's totaled
frown.gif
Don't look too bad in the pic. The LF tire is pushed back into the fender. Frame is kinked behind the lower A-Arm.

Gut that ran the stop left in a meatwagon.
1008091714.jpg

Glad your mom in OK...This guy might have done her a favor...Hopefully the insurance will total it out and she could get something better...One of my neighbors has a Sportage and it has one issue after the other...Even had the same issue you had last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back