how much ZDDP in Pennzoil HM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be the same if its GF4 SM. You want higher zddp?, go with Rotella 10w30, yes ... 10w 30. Otherwise, John Deere +50 tractor oil or even briggs lawn mower oil is loaded and meets GF2/SJ typically. You know all the cars that went 300K miles NP? they used this old spec oil. Afraid tio run lawnmower oil in your car? Why? I'm afraid to run GF4 SL/SM in my car!

yeah i thought about rotella 10w30 but i want the HM additives for the seals too...so I am using name brand HM oil instead...I wonder how rotella 10w30 is on motors with minor leaks

I would recommend M1 high mileage in 10w-30. Its SL rated, has seal "conditioners" and has high zinc/phos levels. Plus its cheap!

Originally Posted By: sven98
I would recommend M1 high mileage in 10w-30. Its SL rated, has seal "conditioners" and has high zinc/phos levels. Plus its cheap!
How so , cheap? Is ther a coupon/rebate (again)?

Originally Posted By: sven98

I have used M1 & M1 HM in this vehicle for 8yrs...I am switching back to dino so "been there..done that" I was aware that the M1 HM had SL rating & 1000ppm zinc...but I am wanting to run something else besides M1 (at least to try it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back