2.8L CRD 06 jeep liberty CRD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross post from another forum:

I would like to note, however that my ODO is about 7% low, with that in mind i am not particularly worried, however i will not be doing this again. Then again the liners are not exactly hard to replace.

I was going to go to 10k BUT i experienced excessive consumption near the end of this oci and I though perhaps that it was caused by high soot levels.
I am still not clear as to what changed to make the lubricant unable to protect the cyl effectively, nor am i sure what happened to cause the film to be burnt off.

So, consumption elevated = oil being burnt = oil not protecting on a the power stroke = scuffing, also scuffing is caused by excessive cyl pressures at lower speeds. For instance if you started off in fourth gear and floored it, pistons want to go sideways on the wrist pins, causing scuffing on walls (if they defeat the lubricant) Also i would like to mention that my filter was damaged by an impact with a rock.

So again, this is m1 TDT 5-40 this was a CI-4PLUS not cj-4 and a M1-301 Filter, air was k&n (swapped from a wix/napa gold at 2k because it was covered in mud and the k and n was handy, put in a amsoil at 8k) I expected more si due to the k&n but it simply is not there.

I am going to go 7k on my next oci/uoa and after than i will run 7k on RTS and uoa/tbn/tan. In the past i had experienced higher levels of consumption with RTS at 6k OCI's than I had with tdt 5-40.

It has been proven in other places that our crd's can do 7k no problem on RTS so at this point I am not seeing any reason to use TDT

This could have just been a bad/contaminated sample.

What do you guys think?

Originally Posted By: TrentMiller

What do you guys think?

I would get rid of the K&N. Keep the OCI within 7k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back