Prestone (50/50 Any Make,Any Color) coolant

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys what is the going consenses on the prestone 50-50 any make any color coolant?? i know as with most anitfreezes that as long as you change it out like you are supposed to its ok. its for my tacoma and no i am not paying the outragous price for yota red coolant. plus i was told to use green bc its cheaper and it wont hurt a thing... so what do you guys think about the prestone product, does it hold up for 30k miles like its supposed to?

It will be fine for 30k
I use it aswel and have no problems, didn't expect any ither.
Some people will complain and cry over it etc because of it causing sludge, but if you change it out at 30k you will have no problems at all.

EDIT: There is a forum just for coolant, too.

Last edited:
gotcha... some people swear that you cant run that in yotas and every yota mechanic told me that was ----.. run the green its cheaper.. i think the any make any model prestone doesnt have silicates in it that japanese cooling systems dont like

I'm running it in my Buick after replacing the Dexcool. I haven't had any problems and I plan on running it approx. 2 1/2 years which would be 25 to 35K. I believe it is a Dexcool clone and very similar (if not the same as) ST All Makes,All Color coolant.

I've put about 150k miles on two Toyotas with this coolant ('98 Sienna and '97 Lexus LX-450).

No issues...

I did flush well prior to switching over.

Tim

Prestone "universal" coolant is a "dex-clone" containing 2-EHA (2-ethyl hexanoic acid) which dissolves some plastics. Japanese automotive engineers do NOT recommend coolants containing 2-EHA. In addition, Prestone "universal" coolant does not contain any phosphates which are an important ingredient in Japanese POAT coolants.

I would not use Prestone "universal" coolant in any vehicle where the OEM coolant is different from Dex-Cool.

I have used Prestone "all makes all models" coolant in my 96 Q45 for many years{changed every 2-3 years} and have never had any problem, infact I replaced the original thermostat and waterpump at 200,000 miles as preventative maintenance and both looked and still functioned as designed- just switched over to Peak Global Lifetime at aprox 230,000 miles- so far so good. Use either with confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back