Top Countries to live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would move to vancouver BC or Victoria BC in a heartbeat if I had the chance! The people there are great and it is absolutly beautiful!

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Why are immigrants coming to the USA in droves, and not those places?

Immigrants come to Canada in droves.

Most of those countries have aren't taking immigrants. Except Canada.

Originally Posted By: ryland
I would move to vancouver BC or Victoria BC in a heartbeat if I had the chance! The people there are great and it is absolutly beautiful!
Come to the armpit of Canada... Toronto!
lol.gif

Can't believe we made the Top 10! Woohoo! Go Canada
08.gif

Originally Posted By: Ibrahim
Canada accepts more immigrants and refugees in comparison to our population ratio, more than any nation in the world, including many Americans!
Not Canada, the Greator Toronto Area (GTA).
lol.gif

This is based on the human condition in each county. Education, Earnings per person, lifeexpectancy. the things that create a better standard of living for the country. The US, although having a large economy is slipping because of socioeconomic disparity between the top earners and the bottom and our education levels reached are not anything to be proud of.

I met a girl (I say girl she was in her lower 20's) at Newport beach a few weeks ago on vacation from Norway. She talked to my wife and I for some time. This was her first visit to the US and she was fluent in several languages. She spoke English better than most Americans with graduate level educations. THe fact that at her young age she could afford a vacation to Hawaii and California in one trip from Norway was impressive.

Last edited:
If the US would adopt unanimous rights for my "community" and would offer health care like we have then I would move in a minute because IMO it would be the best country in the world to live in.

Till then I'm happy right here... Even with our cold winters!
grin2.gif

That's a good question. After I thought about for a few minutes the answer became
obvious......Just look at where the majority of our imigrants are coming from.
Also, I lived in europe for over 8 years and believe me Germany and England
in particular have some very serious immigration issues.

I think that one reason is, for many, 'AMERICA' (or the America they see in Movies) is seen as a land of opportunity, or even Utopia.
When they get there it can be a little different.

I once considered moving to Oregon, but even there the social disparity turned me off.
I presently live in one of the (considered) 'best parts' of one of the Top rated countries in the world.
I may consider living in Denmark. After a visit two years ago, I was impressed.

The 3rd world enlightened tend to see the (what I call and mori can't stand) Nordic nations as "the best of the west" since they tend to have society wide benefits in terms of education ...medicine ..have low crime rates ..much lower poverty rates. The sacrifice is low or no economic growth.

..but regardless of if those benefits begin to slip ..the rest of the floor "out there" is falling.

There's also demographics to deal with. The entire west is aging and had an industrialized low birth rate. It's only through immigration that the west is going to be able to support its aging population and have enough functional people to pay the bills.

Or not in my case Stevie. I chose not to introduce a new generation into a declining society and I could afford it.
No need to bring into the world more warriors and consumers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back