Hyundai Santa fe trans fluid change questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i did it today and here are the pics and explanations!
it drained 5 1/8th quarts (i measured it!)

i had to cut the ear off to get my box wrench in there!
100_1306.jpg

Here is another view!
100_1305.jpg

Here is what i used to cut the ear off
100_1308.jpg

and here is the fluid i used! it does not say semi synthetic on the bottle! and it is $6.50 a quart at my dealer!
100_1307.jpg

Nice work Mike! The frame is different on yours. Mine drains onto the frame. Didn't know you had a HunDie too. What was draining out looks good on yours.

Joel

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JTK
Nice work Mike! The frame is different on yours. Mine drains onto the frame. Didn't know you had a HunDie too. What was draining out looks good on yours.

Joel
yeah it looks good in the picture but it has a brown tint to it when you dip your finger in it! since my brother just bought the vehicle we thought it best to change the trans fluid, and build a maintenance history we know about.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
That's weird the bottles of SP-III from our dealers are Red in colour both the jugs & quarts...
54.gif

i hear alot of manufactures do that. hyundai united states is probably different from hyundai canada, sourcing different resources. i know mopar filters in canada are made by wix and mopar filters in the states are made by purolator is another example! different companies making different profits! Mike

Nice cut on that "tab" by the way Mike. Now I gotta go grind mine all nice and flat.
thumbsup2.gif
What did that SP-III wind up costing the BIL?

Joel

Originally Posted By: JTK
Nice cut on that "tab" by the way Mike. Now I gotta go grind mine all nice and flat.
thumbsup2.gif
What did that SP-III wind up costing the BIL?

Joel
Thanks!
the bill for the spIII (5 quarts) was 36 dollars and some cents, with a tail light thrown in and tax. (6.50 a quart.) i have heard of some dealers charging 10 dollars a quart, but i did not find that in my area!

next change will be done with a "suitable for" sp III fluid, since everbody else is having luck with them! mike

Last edited:
$6.50 isn't bad at all considering Maxlife ran me close to $5/qt. I never did price it out at my local dealer. I reused the aluminum crush washer on the drain plug too. It was still relatively flat and meaty yet.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back