Newbie, need some grease help/advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie here. Did my best to search for an answer, but did not find anything. My issue: I have installed a set of hotchkis sway bars. Both front and rear come with grease fittings to lube the urethane bushings. Hotchkis states the grease used should be waterproof, high tempature, high pressure, and highly adhesive. They sell a "Super Grease" which is a silicon based grease. But Hotchkis states in their help section that it needs to be a non-lithium based moly grease, not necessarily a silicon based lube. I will buy their silicon based grease if this really needed, but at 23 dollars a tube, plus 13 dollar shipping, seems a bit pricey.

I work for a Caterpillar dealer, we sell CAT branded greases, as well as being a distributor for Exxon/Mobil products. E/M does not make a silicon based grease, and most are lithium based. But there are some that are calcium based and some hydrocarbon synthetic(might be lithium based as well).

Guess my question is, can anyone suggest something that would meet the attributes listed, and be safe? I am assuming something with lithium based greases and the polyurethane bushings wont work to well together.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions
Fred

Calcium thickeners are similar to Lithium ones so I would say they are a "no-go".

Loctite Superlube with PTFE.

1006.jpg

Superlube at Ace Hardware

Super lube at Spohn Performance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back