Marvel Mystery Oil Rocks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 1992 Geo Prizm (Toyota Corolla) with 249k miles on it has a 13.5 gallong fuel tank. I added 3oz of MMO during may last fill up at Kroger (sorry, but the 10 cent discount seals the deal).

MPG before: 33.7

MPG with MMO: 36.8
thumbsup2.gif

The only two things I did in the middle of this last tank is add 16oz MMO to the crankcase along with changing the oil from PYB to PHM, and I got my AC working again and have been using it off and on during the past week.
I added another 3oz along with this fuel fill-up I did this morning. I will report back.
The car runs noticably better also. It seems as if the engine is eager to just keep accelerating now. I'm anxious to see the difference the MMO makes under the valve cover too. I am leaving it in for the entire 3k OCI but I will change the oil filter half way through.

MMO is thinner oil - I cut out the middleman and use thinner oil from the beginning (5w30 mixed with 5w20). I add 2 stroke oil to the gasoline, because it's a more modern product, and cheaper than MMO, and my engines all run great. But to each his own, obviously adding something works, and that's why I also like to mix my own and add.

Originally Posted By: Captain_Klink
MMO is thinner oil - I cut out the middleman and use thinner oil from the beginning (5w30 mixed with 5w20). I add 2 stroke oil to the gasoline, because it's a more modern product, and cheaper than MMO, and my engines all run great. But to each his own, obviously adding something works, and that's why I also like to mix my own and add.

MMO does a lot more than just thin the oil - it has great friction reducing ingredients and is an excellent cleaner

Originally Posted By: Jax_RX8
Originally Posted By: Captain_Klink

MMO does a lot more than just thin the oil - it has great friction reducing ingredients and is an excellent cleaner

+1, using 5w20 and using MMO aren't the same thing.

I noticed an improvement with my gas mileage using MMO too. I have always got about 19.5-20.5 MPG in my Explorer (I always check when I fill up). Four tanks with MMO and I've been getting solid 22 MPG now. I haven't changed anything other than adding the MMO.
I can say that I was pretty skeptical at first but you can't argue with the numbers.

Is this stuff to be used w/dino oil, synthetics or what?
If it's an oil, how can it be good to add it to the gas?
(don't flame me...i'm a little dumb)

Fuel is "dry". It has none of the upper cylinder lubrication properties it once had. This has reduced deposit formations for the most part in the shorter term (tune up length has reached incredible lengths). Material advancements have taken care of most of the issues involved from lack of it, but it's not that you can't benefit from upper cylinder lubrication in moderation. MMO can be one agent used to provide it.

That's my take on it, anyway.

I like MMO for the top lube properties. I can't really tell any difference in performance, but I like the idea of lubricity in my fuel.

Will this stuff work in all engines?
I don't wanna put anything in my Subaru that'll make it sick. :)
That & it ain't paid for yet...hehehe.

Your Subaru should love it. Use the recommended dose of 4 oz/10 gallons of gas. She how she likes it, you can decrease the dose slightly from there, I wouldn't recommend using more than the recommended dose.

Originally Posted By: gd9704
I like MMO for the top lube properties. I can't really tell any difference in performance, but I like the idea of lubricity in my fuel.

then get a diesel.

Originally Posted By: crinkles

then get a diesel.

Many of us would love one. Unfortunately some dainty bureaucrats find them Offensif
grin2.gif

Just saw the new ad for Audi, one that says if just 1/3 of Americans drove clean diesels we could send all that imported oil back where it came from. Now I'm not sure that is strictly true, but we should have had more small diesel options 15 years ago!

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

then get a diesel.

Many of us would love one. Unfortunately some dainty bureaucrats find them Offensif
grin2.gif

Indeed. A Jeep Liberty Diesel was on the short list when I was looking for a vehicle. Even with all their quirks. And lemony flavor.

Originally Posted By: Onmo'Eegusee
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

then get a diesel.

grin2.gif

Indeed. A Jeep Liberty Diesel was on the short list when I was looking for a vehicle. Even with all their quirks. And lemony flavor.

Saw Jeep Liberty diesel's in France this past week. As you probably know, I would say 95% of the vehicles there are diesel. Even the Kia's are diesel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back