tiny bugs on electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed recently that there are a few tiny bugs crawling around my laptop. And I seen it on a few other places like around my aquarium tank and my piano keyboard. They are about slightly larger than a grain of salt and sort of a off white color. Sometimes it crawls on the monitor then crawls and hide somewhere inside the keyboard, they move fairly quick. I rarely eat while using my laptop and I clean it regularly with a vacuum. Tried looking online but can't identify what kind of bug it is. Thanks.

Be careful using a vacuum on a laptop. It has a tendency to generate static electricity. Better to use canned air. If you feel capable, see if you can pull the keyboard off of your laptop. When I pulled mine off my old laptop (in service around 5 years) it was disgusting with my hair and skin particles that had worked its way under the keyboard.

probably just some form of louse living from dust and old skin droppings. . I get them on my screens too (flat screens, but not the old CRT's for some reason)

A book or house type louse is probably a good guess. Not sure without a picture. Maybe bomb can the room with your computer in it.

http://www.killsbugsdead.com/fop_fum.asp

Phylloxera_louse.JPG

louse.jpg

I have to stop my brain from thinking of mori when posts involve:

bacteria, viruses, etc
bugs
cleaning
food
picture
poor grammar

We had Mite infestation off our concession stand registars at the theater!! The bugs were running over the screen's They looked like tiny little lice and after severel unsucessfull attempts at killing them we called an ex Terminator. Im not sure how he got rid of the bugs because I was off that day but I havent seen any more off those bug's since!!! I do however come across carpet Beatles all the times. Theirs really nothing we can do about them with all our carpeting.

Originally Posted By: lpcmidst128
I noticed recently that there are a few tiny bugs crawling around my laptop. And I seen it on a few other places like around my aquarium tank and my piano keyboard. They are about slightly larger than a grain of salt and sort of a off white color. Sometimes it crawls on the monitor then crawls and hide somewhere inside the keyboard, they move fairly quick. I rarely eat while using my laptop and I clean it regularly with a vacuum. Tried looking online but can't identify what kind of bug it is. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: lpcmidst128
Tried looking online but can't identify what kind of bug it is.

Just scan it with Spybot S&D and Avira AntiVir. One of them should get rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back