TOYOTA T-IV ? TOYOTA ATF WS ? May i to replace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: lexus114
Originally Posted By: unDummy
Dealers are clueless. So, I wouldn't ever ask them anything.

May you? Its a free country and you can if you want.

One of the issues with back spec'ing an ATF is testing it. There is no reason to waste that expense, or to offend an owner by telling them their $2 fluid isn't good enough and you have to use a $7 fluid.

And, I wouldn't use a 7.4cst ATF in a transmission that requires a 6cst fluid since the selection of thinner ATF's like Redline D6, Amsoil ATL, and Amalie would be better choices.

I am glad to see additional universal multivehicle ATFs on the market. I find it funny that sometimes the 'maker' won't offend other manufacturers. Why is Duradrive good enough for WS but not DexronVI, MerconLV/SP or....?

Wishful thinking if you think all automakers will allow you to buy fluid at a local store. How would the dealer parts department stay in business? Most of the industry already dumped Dexron and there is nothing that says they'll adapt DexVI.

Not for much longer,its already going social!
smirk2.gif

Soon, there will be "The Peoples Fluid"
02.gif

now, as for Toyota's manual/dipstick confusion....
my 02 Echo clearly states T-IV. a friend's Camry specs Dex III - now, I understand that they are different trannys, but still..... they're not thinkin with their dipstick

Last edited:
I used Redline D6 ATF in my girlfriend Yaris which is rated for Toyota WS. She has been driving it for over 5000 miles no, no slipping, no noise, no issues. Just FYI.

Thanks every body :)

Now, I have replaced TOYOTA ATF T-IV by MOBIL 1 ATF (new formula),it has JWS3309 and TOYOTA T-IV identifications,and it work fine.

Originally Posted By: Kurt_Hectic
Thanks every body :)

Now, I have replaced TOYOTA ATF T-IV by MOBIL 1 ATF (new formula),it has JWS3309 and TOYOTA T-IV identifications,and it work fine.

that will work too. i like amsoil better but its personnal preference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back