New '09 Honda Civic Recommendations???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Therein lies the problem.

I do see what you mean. Your Saturn would be the perfect example. At the moment Saturn is still regarded as a domestic manufacturer, but that Astra is pure Opel.

Bought a 09 EXL last Feb. Running PP5-20 with a Mobil filter. Dumped the factory fill at 3,000 mi. did not know about 15% OLM rule for the factory fill.Since i live in NYC changing the oil at 5000 miles.

I use Silkolene Pro S 5w 40 in my Honda Integra here in the UK, along with an HAMP oil filter.

I believe its regarded as one of the better true ester based synthetics.

Wouldn't use anything else personally.

Oh, Hi from good ole blighty!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Bought a 09 EXL last Feb. Running PP5-20 with a Mobil filter. Dumped the factory fill at 3,000 mi. did not know about 15% OLM rule for the factory fill.Since i live in NYC changing the oil at 5000 miles.

And what exactly is the "15% OLM rule for the factory fill?"

The 15% rule as i know it is letting the special factory fill in till the OLM reads 15%. This unlike others is designed for a proper break in.Loaded with moly, it should be left in until your OLM says 15%. Since I live in the old world when you dumped the metal shavings asap, I did so at 2800mi. Hope it will not come back to bite me.

Originally Posted By: OriginalRocket

I have been running the S2000 filter on all my "Honda's" I am not sure if the S2000 oil filter will fit the '09 a simple search could lead to an answer. Maybe on a civic specific website.
My wife has an '06 Civic EX and I thought I could use my S2000's OEM filter on it, but found out I can't. The Civic has a cast shroud on the block that partially surrounds the oil filter. The S2000 filter is too large (diameter) to fit inside the shroud. The Civic uses one of the "micro" sized filters.

You must remember that the bypass pressure for the S2000 filter is set higher specifically for the high revving S2000 engine. Mine was (recently traded it) an '03 model with the 9,000 rpm redline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back