Amsoil 2000 base oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the base oil viscosity information on this grease? Amsoil lists it for every other grease but not this one.

Also, the Oxidation stability, psi - ASTM D 942 (100 hr/300 hr)?

And the penetration at 10K and 100K would also be nice.
grin2.gif

Thanks Pablo.

The oxidation is a little disappointing but not bad. Their other greases are 0.

The base oil is very thin!

The weld point and LWI is nearly the same as the GHD though, so the additives are making up for the thinner base oil well.

I picked some of the 2000 up for the next time I do the brakes/front bearings.

Used some of this grease today on bicycle bearings and liked it a lot. It has nice "body" and is not runny without being tackified. Sticks well and leaves a film even if wiped off.

I also tried to use some of the Amsoil General Purpose that I bought in the 8oz. tube on the headset. I was not happy with this grease as a good amount of the oil had separated and it had little "body". Was difficult to work with by hand. I removed what I started with and went with the 2000.

The Amsoil Racing 2000 Grease is an excellent wheel bearing grease. I have even used it to grease my ball joints. I now use their GHD grease on the ball joints because it contains moly. I could be wrong, but I don't think you can find a better wheel bearing grease.

I have used it on my road and mtn bike. I also use it on wheel bearings, tie rods and ball joints etc.

It has good high temp life
Series 2000
High Temperature Life (ASTM D-3527) hours 300

GHD 118 and GLC 160

I use the racing grease for my auto pistol. And it works nice. I also have it loaded in my grease gun, so it lubes the gimbal bearing on my boat, and whatever grease fittings I come across. So after reading this, is it really not good for tie rod ends and balljoints???

I used the amsoil water resistant blue stuff when I repacked my boat trailer bearings.

After looking at the amsoil site, why does the regular and hd grease have a better wash out number than the water resistant?

Last edited by a moderator:
This grease is great for your front hub on a bicycle. I converted my mountain bike over last year and when I went to take the hub apart this year I looked at the condition and left it because it still looked like new. It's a very easy grease to work with and doesn't string for 10 feet when you pull the gun away from the fitting.

Originally Posted By: pickled
It's a very easy grease to work with and doesn't string for 10 feet when you pull the gun away from the fitting.

I agree. That's something I noticed when I packed the bearings on my son's bike as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back