How often do you change the airfilter??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I clean my air filters every 6-7 months by tapping it lightly on hard surface then vacuum on dirty side with shop vac. With this easy maintenance and living in not so dirty area, my air filters did not needed to be changed for 40-50k miles or 4-5 years.

Around once a year.

That works out to about 30-40k in the Toyota and 12-15k in the Subaru.

The truck is new to me but I figure once a year also since its off road a lot.

$10-12 each year will work.

Bill

Still have the same filter in the other cav for years...

One reason being the low milage of the car.

It's varies from change to change for me. I buy a new one,then check/replace the old one at 18k.

EaA here, so another few years. I'll take Amsoil's word it's good for another 2 years or 65k miles, whichever comes first.

Twice a year
19.gif

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Twice a year
19.gif

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Once a year.

Meaningless answers. How many miles?... 5K?... 25K?

I just have a look at it every oil change and once it's looking dirty it gets replaced. The average time that takes for me is about a year, 30-40K kilometers. If I happen to do a lot of driving up north on gravel roads etc cut that number in half or so.

I have not determined an interval yet. I bought it at 24k on the odo with a new Motorcraft filter and now it has 38k on it. I installed a 'Filter minder' gauge and its has not even moved off the minimum reading yet.

I change mine once a year, usually in the spring or summer, which ends up being about every 30,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back