F1 Champ 09?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all fellow F1 fans: Anyone care to throw out a guess as to who'll end up on top of the Driver's Championship this season?
I have no idea, but I'm going to guess Rubens - I think the last race showed that Brawn is allowing competition within the team.
To be fair, let's get any guesses in before Singapore qualifying.

I would guess Jenson or Rueben BAR. I think the only others with a slight chance are Raikenen, Weber or Vettel. They call this year the upside down year..... Next year is going to be a whole new game and even wilder, with new rules and new teams and some of the old traditional teams dropping out, like BMW and maybe Toyota.

Kimi has been mathematically eliminated. Even if Kimi won every remaining race & Button scored nothing, Button would win due to his 6 wins compared to Kimi's 5 (in that scenario). Webber, Vettel, & Barrichello are the only remaining contenders with a chance.

Johnny,

Why would you prefer to see Reuben over Jenson? Just curious. F1 is one (maybe only) sport where I really don't have a favorite anything, just really enjoy watching it for what it is - highly technical feats of engineering & driving prowess on tracks where it all boggles the mind.

I've always enjoyed watching him race. Seems to have a great personality, always excepts victory or defeat graciously, and in the past has excepted team orders to let another win. He is probably getting close to the end of his F1 career so I would like to see him win a championship. Jenson is young and has plenty of time to wine one.

As another Rubens fan, I'll chime-in. He always seemed to be the right driver in the wrong car (Jordan, Honda, Ford) and was the perfect "#2" driver at Ferrari, driving cars that were engineered for Michael. How's this for a storybook ending to this season: Down to the 2 Brawn drivers for the title going in to the final races of the season - Rubens locks it up at Brazil!
Either way, the season could stop now and still be one of the great ones.

Two of my all time favorite people in F1 on the same team at last. Reubens and Ross Brawn. I'm excited about the season for the first time in over a decade!

Oh, wait. Reubens and Brawn WERE on the same team, at Ferrari.
Just under a big shadow at the time. Glad to see Brawn running the whole show now.

F1 schedule at Singapore for this weekend has a little different hours each day, except for Sunday race. Friday practice is 930 am eastern, Saturday Qual is 1000 am eastern and the Sunday race is 730 am easetern. This is on Speed TV of course. This race is the only F1 race under the lights.

Button is the world champion. I feel bad for Ruebens. I would say there is always next year, but I have a strong feeling this year was just a fluke for Brawn having the diffuser before anyone else. With Jean Todt being PIA president now and Alonso moving to Ferrari, I have a strong suspicion that Ferrari will be the team to beat next season. Meanwhile, now that the season is almost over the Abu Dhabi race will be fun.

Good points. I'm also glad that KERS will be gone. I originally liked the idea of F1 refining this system, but in reality it seemed to cheapen the formula (I still feel that CART's 'push-to-pass' helped to kill that series.) And, since I'm on a soapbox, I'd like to see F1 return to 3.0ltr V10's, new engines allowed after every race; any choice of tire compounds allowed, etc. This series should be the fastest, most technically sophisticated form of auto racing on earth. If you don't have the money, then go find a Touring Car Series or Nascar Truck team. JMHO.

Bill,

Do you not think that the most technical & sophisticated racing would eventually not see any drivers. I wonder how soon?

I don't want to see anything on qualifying laps that is not on the car during the race.

I support the same engine for qualifying/race, but I'd like to see teams be able to make more changes or adjustments between qualifying and the race. I'm not a fan of the upcoming single tank of fuel for the entire race, and believe that more development for failsafe refueling equipment should be the priority. I think that the more choices or variables you can introduce aids in various strategies which might make some of the races more exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back