Delo 400 5w40 syn vs Mobil 1 Delvac 5w40 syn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which of these HDEO ends up doing the best or is most recommended on these boards? Both get very high accolades.

I;m running a stroked I6.

Thanks again

Delvac 1 or Truck @ SUV are probably better than your Delo 5W-40 Syn. I don't think the Delo is a PAO based synthetic like Mobil 1 and is probably Group III like Rotella T 5W-40 Syn. Both will work fine in your 4.6L I6 but since the Mobil is so cheap at Wallmart that is what I would use. I use the T @ SUV in my 2.5L, 4.0L and 420rwhp LS1 that sees alot of hard driving. It's a ****** oil!

I don't think we've seen a UOA/VOA on this oil. I think that it has too limited a distribution to be economical ..probably worse then Delvac 1 (under that label). I'd love to have access to both the 5w-40 and 0w-30 flavors of this stuff. It could be the XD-3 of "the states" ..but I doubt it would be the bargain that the Esso line is.

In terms of performance, it may do just as good as a PAO synth.

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
I don't think we've seen a UOA/VOA on this oil. I think that it has too limited a distribution to be economical ..probably worse then Delvac 1 (under that label). I'd love to have access to both the 5w-40 and 0w-30 flavors of this stuff. It could be the XD-3 of "the states" ..but I doubt it would be the bargain that the Esso line is.

In terms of performance, it may do just as good as a PAO synth.

Which oil haven't ya'll seen? Which of the two do you recommend? I'll run one of these HDEO - I was recommended 15w-40 dino, but would prefer synthetic even if I have to do relatively frequent oil changes.

I don't believe anyone has used Delo synth on the board. I'm sure that there would have been a big hoopla about it they did.

Either will do just fine ..as will Rotella T synth. You would probably be doing overkill if you did 6 month OCIs under most conditions.

I used Delo 400 Synthetic 0W-30 for almost four years, ending in mid-2001; I got tired of driving 50 miles for it. Back then, I was BITOG-less (so was everyone else
frown.gif
), and I knew nothing about UOA's and such...

...and now, I'm just about to pickup 5 cases of it, along with 5 cases of Delo 10W-30. I'm going back!

Go with the Delvac 1 or Mobil 1 Truck and SUV instead as it's the same thing. It's a real synthetic and Walmart has it-$20 for a 5 qt jug.

quote:

Originally posted by Big O Dave:
I used Delo 400 Synthetic 0W-30 for almost four years, ending in mid-2001; I got tired of driving 50 miles for it. Back then, I was BITOG-less (so was everyone else
frown.gif

...and now, I'm just about to pickup 5 cases of it, along with 5 cases of Delo 10W-30. I'm going back!

Big O Dave,

Where are you getting this oil from?

Seems like we are condemning Delo Synth before it has had a chance to be tested out against Delvac-I, considering Delo 400 performance, it would be fair to say that the synth product would perform equally good and give Delvac-I a run for the money.

quote:

Originally posted by SSDude:

quote:

Originally posted by Big O Dave:
frown.gif

Big O Dave,

Where are you getting this oil from?

Ramos/Strong Petroleum in Mojave. Depending where you live, you might find a Chevron distributor that's closer to you. I'm adding it on to my commercial order for my shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back