Asus WL-520GU Router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Got the new router and I am getting the Wrong IP address just like the other one.....

Here comes tech support on Monday.

Fire me off an e-mail, I can help you with this.

-Chris

I am receiving the same error message as Oilboy123, "You have set the wrong dynamic or static IP address," but I didn't set anything, that's the strange thing! My ISP is Charter Communications and I have used the Reset button on the Asus in addition to unplugging the unit.

Prior to trying to install the Asus, I was using a D-Link router without any issues. Decided to purchase the Asus when I got a new desktop computer. I thought it would be nice not having to turn on the desktop computer every time we wanted to print from our laptop. If I only knew then what I know now!

I'm back to using the D-Link router so we can access the internet. It may only be a coincidence, but since trying to install the Asus (without any luck!), we can't print from the laptop to the network printer after re-connecting the D-Link router.

I have no idea what to do!

Have you gone through the web setup wizard on the device? It typically works for the majority of ISP's.......

username: admin
password: admin

Originally Posted By: Michelle
Yes, I have. Once I'm in, I created a new password.

OK, what did you choose for WAN connection type?

Originally Posted By: Michelle
After I first get in and set the SSID and password.

Can you screenshot it for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back