Best Value Honda 7500 OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while since I have posted. Just did my 3rd OCI of Maxlife blend in the Blazer and the oil cooler lines have stopped leaking completely. I currently have 5W20 Maxlife blend in the 03 Odyssey with 78k miles but was thinking of switching to Motorcraft blend for the next Honda 7500 mile OCI recommendations. With winter nearing and having to park both cars outside all day long in Chicago, I figure a blend is my best bet for the vehicles. I will stick with 3k mile ocis of Maxlife for my 05 Blazer and Motorcraft seems to be a great value for $11.50 for the Oddysey. I liked the Maxlife at $13.50 but now is't $15.00+. Plus I know its a great oil but just dont know if it has that add pack & tbn to last 7500 miles even in a Honda 3.5L. The filters used are Honda genuine. your thoughts?

I would definitely run the Motorcraft blend for 7500 in the Honda. I run it in my CR-V for 5000-6000 miles during the winter and it still looks golden when I dump it. Check out some of the UOAs for the MC in Hondas. The results are impressive.

As far as the filter, I would have issues running the Honda OEM for 7500 miles. It is probably a Fram. Too risky beyond 3-5K. Switch to a Napa Gold or a PureOne and you'll be good to go.

Originally Posted By: bakechad
I would definitely run the Motorcraft blend for 7500 in the Honda. I run it in my CR-V for 5000-6000 miles during the winter and it still looks golden when I dump it. Check out some of the UOAs for the MC in Hondas. The results are impressive.

As far as the filter, I would have issues running the Honda OEM for 7500 miles. It is probably a Fram. Too risky beyond 3-5K. Switch to a Napa Gold or a PureOne and you'll be good to go.

+1 Honda OEM is Honeywell (Fram) at least in my part of the country.
You can still get the good ToyoRoki filters from the dealer, just tell them it is for an S2000 and you will get the good filter, but it's about 12 bucks.
I'd go with a Wix/NG or Pureone for 7500 miles.
MC is a excellent oil, though for OCI's beyond 5k I prefer PP.
(Just personal preference, nothing against Motorcraft)
Use what feels good and be happy.

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back