Post your PC audio gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any audiophiles here? What are you using in your PC setup?

Here's mine:
PSB Alpha B bookshelves (go Canada!)
Yamaha YST216 sub
Onkyo R-805X receiver

Also have an external Behringer sound card, but I'm not using it anymore. The current desktop's on-board sound card seems to be good enough.

P1050194.jpg

P1050212.jpg

nice gear! *drool, drool*

I recently acquired a pair of baby Advent (refoamed by yours-truely) and boy! That sure brings back good memories....

Oh...how I wish I can get my hands on a pair of Celestion SL-6/SL-60/or SL-600.

I can take that pair of speakers to my grave *cough cough*

Q.

Yamaha 2.1 system: sounds brilliant for a PC system (i think they discontinued this model, i got it slightly used for $45 on ebay)
The satellites are actual 2-way monitors, unlike single driver satellites that most 2.1 pc speaker systems have...

( i keep the sub under the table usually)

btw, I also have the same reciever in our bedroom, that Quattro Pete has; it used to be my main system in the lvg room before I upgraded to more serious stuff)

here's the laptop/Yamaha 2.1 arrangement:

2.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Creative SB Live! 24bit outputting to an ancient 2.1 Altec Lansing set with 2 way satellites. I thought I lost it during a move but I rediscoverd them last year after they had been sitting outside in a box in the weather for 2 years. Loud enough to annoy everyone in the house, if I want. I can even hear it in the detached garage.

I'm running the stock (Intel/Realtek) "Supreme FX II" that came as a PCI-E card with my ASUS Maximus Formula motherboard.

It connects to a Harman/Kardon 120W (RMS) x2 stereo receiver. It feeds 2x Cerwin Vega towers, upgraded with McIntosh tweeters and BRAVOX DVC woofers.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
It connects to a Harman/Kardon 120W (RMS) x2 stereo receiver. It feeds 2x Cerwin Vega towers, upgraded with McIntosh tweeters and BRAVOX DVC woofers.

Need pictures! :)

I don't usually listen to music at home but when I do, I stream it through an FM transmitter to our home theater. It's usually a once or twice a year event when I want to listen to radio stations from abroad.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
I don't usually listen to music at home but when I do, I stream it through an FM transmitter to our home theater. It's usually a once or twice a year event when I want to listen to radio stations from abroad.

Gotcha. I do it too, using a Squeezebox, but majority of my music listening ends up being in front of the PC... I spend way too much time in front of it, either working or just killing time.

P1020683.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back