Kawasaki 2008 KLR650 (on/off road) Which oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please advise me on which oil to buy. I live in NJ.
I was thinking about
CASTROL PowerRS R4 4T Synthetic 4-Stroke Motor Oil 5w40
Castrol Power RS GPS 4T or
MOBIL Mobil1 Racing 4T Synthetic Motorcycle Oil 10w40

Any of those would be a great choice. I'd say go with whichever one is easiest to get the cheapest. Do an oil analysis is a couple oil changes to make sure that oil is holding up to your riding and change interval, adjust from there.

Rotella T 15W40 with 3000 mile OCI. Change oil filter every third oil change. The bike will last longer than you will probably want to own it. Go to KLR650.com and see what the seasoned veterans run in their KLRs.

Looks like I will have to try all of them
wink.gif

MOBIL Mobil1 Racing 4T Synthetic Motorcycle Oil 10w40
CASTROL PowerRS R4 4T Synthetic 4-Stroke Motor Oil 5w40
and Rotella T 15w40

I agree with most that Rotella, Delvac or Delo are all great stuff for Thumpers....just find the cheapest.

For our two Honda XL600's we are pouring in Delvac 15w40 dino. I would use the Rotella 5w40 on these bikes, but they call for a 1,200 mile OCI...and I ain't wasting synthetic like that. A fill of any of those 15w40's cost us about $6.

PS....come December, I will probably pour in Rotella 5w40 for a winter fill and for a little better protection through the winterized period.

Id suggest the Rotella, go cheap. That is a low HP motor that is nearly bomb proof. I think you could put vegitable oil and change it avery 3k and it would last longer than you will own it.

We run Delvac in our XL600's which are dry sump, air cooled bikes. Recently I moved over to Delac for my VStrom. I have about 500 miles on the oil so far and love it. I'm also a fan of Rotella.

I would highly recommend the 15w40 HDEO's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back