Another clutch failure question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm experiencing clutch slippage on my fairly new CBR. Not sure if this is due to using an HDEO car oil or not. Any thoughts?
Here is a picture of me and my girlfriend on the bike:
giant%20squid.JPG

uh... yes... it MUST be the oil.... what else could it be?
go to any car dealer and get the remaining stock of the silica mixture they used on clunkers. that should improve the bite on the clutch.

Originally Posted By: CharlieJ
This belongs in the humor section, right?

Is there something funny? What am I missing? ah yes, the crack about high iron in M1....

Originally Posted By: Lorenzo
I'm experiencing clutch slippage on my fairly new CBR. Not sure if this is due to using an HDEO car oil or not. Any thoughts?

Hey....warmth in the winter and shade in the summer.
That reminds me of a HD owner wearing a t-shirt that said on the back side: "If you can read this, the beach fell off". Except it didn't quite say "beach".

Surprised its only the clutch, looks like engine, tires, and shocks would be stressed too.
27.gif

Too much load on the clutch. Higher horsepower motors are more likely to slip the clutch when using automotive oils. Run a MC specific oil and see if the problem goes away.

Get the girlfriend to stop drinking the oil.

If not, suggest a front end loader with a sofa in the bucket. Might as well put in a fridge & microwave too.

Originally Posted By: dsmith41
Dude! That's my girlfriend! What are you doing with her? We are going to have a talk later on tonight.

Easy does it bud. Looks like there's plenty to go around....

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
I think the problem is that Mobil 1 has high iron.

I think the problem is that Mary has high bacon fat content.
As they say , gas, grass, or ? No free rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back