Kendall oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: muffinstew
Quote:
Quote:
Right, Conoco-Phillips now owns the Kendall brand. The old Kendall refinery is now owned and operated by another company who's name escapes me now.

IIRC, Warren Oil now owns the old Kendall refinery. I fondly remember Kendall GT-1 20W-50. It was green and the brand of oil used by my hero "Big Daddy" Don Garlits. I guess those two statements really date me!
grin.gif

I thought that the American Refinery Corporation owned the Bradford refinery. They manufacture Brad Penn oils which are made from 100% pure Pennsylvania crude oil.

Correct. I think Warren bought the Kendell name, then sold it to Sunoco, which has sold the Kendall branding to Conoco-Phillips. I believe C-P essentially bought the name for brand recognition purposes in the North Eastern market IMO...

Last edited:
I put kendall gt1 5w-30 syn blend in my 2006 lucerne, so far so good..runs nice and smooth. Firestone offers it as their regular oil change..I have several coupons for 12.99 oil/filter changes from the company..so not only great price but very good oil as well

Originally Posted By: lucerne06
I put kendall gt1 5w-30 syn blend in my 2006 lucerne, so far so good..runs nice and smooth. Firestone offers it as their regular oil change..I have several coupons for 12.99 oil/filter changes from the company..so not only great price but very good oil as well

I wonder what filters they use?

Hi, I know this thread is dated, but the filters that Firesone Complete Autocare, Tiresplus, Expert Tire, Michael Tires Plus and Hibdon Tires Plus, to the best of my knowledge are all manufactured by Champion Laboratories.

I've used Kendall GT-1 Full Synthetic 5W-30 in both the Miata and the SpecV over the past 18 months or so. Great oil. The GpIII base stock comes from S-Oil in South Korea and it's blended and packaged in the USA by Conoco-Phillips. I can buy it in case lots in Ontario, but I can't find a source here in Alberta. Use it with confidence.

Gary

Originally Posted By: ctrcbob

BTW, what ever happened to Wolfs Head Oil, which I often used?

A local mom and pop mechanic in town uses Wolf's Head exclusively. I also saw a Shell gas station using it in Los Angeles when I was there this past summer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back