Oil choice for a Mitsubishi 3.8L V6, 6G75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi bitoger's.....looking for suggestions on an oil choice for my 2007 Mitsubishi Endeavor, 3.8L V6 (6G75), 33xxx on the odo. Have an UOA on the UOA forum, with some high lead showing. Always wanted to run a high end syn oil, but, in reality I like to change my oil 3 times a year, and that would be a waste with my 12-15k a year trend. Could be talked into twice a year with an A3 oil. This was my first UOA, and i think it is a cool thing to do, even though many question if they are of use in determining wear. They are cool, none the less. Anyway, my driving habits are very short trips during the week, with a 250 hwy miles on the weekends. Climate is from 0F in winter to 100F in summer. Owners manual calls for 5w20 (for easier starting and fuel economy), or 10W30 in high temperature operation. Some say that Mitsubishi's love thick oil (40 weight). My syn oils of choice are RL 5w20/30, GC, & M1 0w40. Really thinking about running Pennzoil T&SUV syn blend, just to add to this forum's database, as I cannot find anyone else who is running this oil, and the savings would offset the cost of UOA's. Anyone have experience with the Mitsubishi 3.8, or have any suggestionns ? Prefer not to run dino, even though I know it would do fine for me. I work nights, any my vehicle sits outside from 6pm to 7am. Thanks for your suggestions and replies.....jr

I run Amsoil sso 0w30 in my G675. Mine engine is a Mivec but my UOA look good, and I've had nothing but good results.

I'm currently using Amsoil 5W-30 in my wife's Endeavor, previous fill was Amsoil 10W-40. Also have used Mobil 1 EP 5W-30, all have worked well with annual oil changes.

If you're changing it three times a year I'd go with a dino or synthetic blend.

Do not own a Mitsu but if you drive so little and like to change oil 3 times a year...why do u not go with the best priced and found everywhere synthetic oil's such as Quaker State Horse Power, Pennzoil Platinum and Valvoline Synpower..at any given time one of them is on sale somewhere in my Town.

use Bosch filters...they are better than Fram (probably at par with Fram XG) and other store brand oil filters in terms of quality, at the same time not as expensive as Mobil, K&N, WIX and Pureone...

Wow, everyone must drive a lot of miles. I thought 15k a year was quite a bit. But then, I do drive 400 miles a day at work, so I get my driving time in, for sure. And I do have a Bosch 3323 oil filter on my current fill of PYB. Like it fine, and would have no problem continuing to use them. Seems like everyone and his brother is using PP, and lot using QS Horsepower, due to good performance, and sale prices. I always like to be a little different, and Synpower could tickle my fancy. Thanks....jr

lewdwig, did you notice any difference with the 10w40 compared to the 5w30 ? I have run 5w20 & 10w30, and there is no difference in sound of engine, performance, or fuel mileage. Thanks....jr

Mobil 1 0W-40.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back