Asus WL-520GU Router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got around to trying to get this working with 2 computers, one wireless and one wired. Chased my tail all night, called tech support and they said it's a bad router.

So RMA here I come. Hopefully this is just a fluke.

Got 2 of those for Friends.... They are working flawlessly ...
Flashed with DD-WRT and Tomato

Quote "You have set the wrong dynamic or static IP address" End quote
After the guy had me jump thru hoops and download some type of update, it came up again.

I will give another one a shot. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me........I like to usually give products a second chance, especially if they get good reviews.
I will let you know how it turns out.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Quote "You have set the wrong dynamic or static IP address" End quote
After the guy had me jump thru hoops and download some type of update, it came up again.

I will give another one a shot. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me........I like to usually give products a second chance, especially if they get good reviews.
I will let you know how it turns out.

Was it a firmware update? And did this pop up using the EZ Setup Wizard? Did you run the setup from the CD or from the router using the web access?

I think it was a firmware update. I did the EZ setup wizard before, and he also had me do it. When I was trying to get the router going I used the CD. He had me go to the website.

I think it was a firmware update. I did the EZ setup wizard before, and he also had me do it. When I was trying to get the router going I used the CD. He had me go to the website.

The error just doesn't sound "right" to me. Normally hardware defects present themselves in the form of a device lock-up or the inability to function. You are getting an actual error message.........

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

The error just doesn't sound "right" to me. Normally hardware defects present themselves in the form of a device lock-up or the inability to function. You are getting an actual error message.........

Yes I was wondering about his condemnation of the unit?

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Yes I was wondering about his condemnation of the unit?

PM me your e-mail address.

I am having this same issue and have spent way too many days trying to get this router to work. Were you able to resolve the problem? If so, I would really appreciate it if you would share how you fixed it. Thank you!

I NEVER run the setup CD or wizard...I find that it is best to disable the secure easy setup and manually configure it. I used to use DD-WRT but I had 2 routers die using that firmware and I really did not need the xtra features so I went back to the latest OEM firmware...has worked fine & been stable

Have you tried the reset button that get the whole router back to factory default mode?

Sometimes if you didn't flash the firmware correctly, you need to go through hoops like tftp to restore it back.

Originally Posted By: Michelle
I am having this same issue and have spent way too many days trying to get this router to work. Were you able to resolve the problem? If so, I would really appreciate it if you would share how you fixed it. Thank you!

Who's your ISP, what is the error you are receiving?

Originally Posted By: Michelle

welcome2.gif

Like I said earlier in the thread Asus told me it was bad.

Is the reset the same as the EZ button? I did it once and the Tech guy had me do it as well. I sent the router back to Newegg, and will be getting another one probably today. I will let you guys know how it goes. If I have problems I will post them. If I have the same problem, then I know the tech guy was wrong.

Thanks Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back