work boots

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.chippewaboots.com/

Regular Chippewas are Made in the US, last time I checked.

I wore a pair daily for over 5 years. (I don't do trade work tho)

The leather ended up tearing behind the heal due to thinness, so I didn't "break" the shoe.

I wear 13EEE so when I see a pair, I buy them, I am wearing some black ones, with Vibram soles now; I have two other pairs waiting in the wings.

Last edited:
Wolverine Durashocks. I stand on concrete floors 8+ hours a day, up and down ladders, steps etc..They usually last 6-8 months.
01.gif

Originally Posted By: BR549
Wolverine Durashocks. I stand on concrete floors 8+ hours a day, up and down ladders, steps etc..They usually last 6-8 months.
01.gif

Yep. +1. Mine are Wolverine Durashocks too. Great boots for the price.

I've worn 'em all and Timberland PRO SERIES fits the best and outlasts them all when mated to the task you want them to do. They fell broken-in from new and they have wide sizes that are ACTUALLY wide... what a concept!

Been wearing steelcaps (work requirement) for 20 years now.

Dun Laps - Rubbish

Best boots that I ever had were a set of Blundstone steel caps, they just went and went...then went to China. Angry Anderson was VERY angry the morning after they announce the china move (which was 2 weeks after they engaged him)

Work contract is an Oz mob called "Oliver"

They make good stuff, that feels worn in within a couple weeks of wearing them...

They've got an extra wide steel cap which is good for me, and a sort of rounded sole that improves feel when walking (less so on stairs).

Want to try Redback, and Mongrel boots soon.

I like red wing boot 2226 made in USA not china it is a steel tip boot like a work boot should have.

The type of boot would depend on what type of work?

I have John Bull for work.My personal work boot (ones I paid for) and use for eveything are Diadora - made in China off course,but have worn well and much more comforable than the rough and tough John bull.

I've been wearing the Wolverine Durashocks for several years now and find that they wear good and are comforable for standing on concrete floors. Red Wings are good also, but have a steep price.

I like the Wolverine Durashocks (steel toe) the best of all the brands I've tried. Very comfortable when working on a concrete floor all day, and they last a long time. Red Wings are equally as comfortable, but the leather seems too soft and cuts easily over the steel toe (they might be better in a non-steel toe?) Timberlands are good, but I only have experience with one pair of these. Brahma boots are adequate but wear out too fast. Lehighs are flat out painful.

Try Danner. Very stout leather, super comfortable, and don't have the 'clunky' oversized bulky look too many workboots seem to have.

Red Wings. I got over the steep price when I realized how long they were lasting. I've been wearing the 4406 for a few years now and am happy.

Red Wings and Timberland Pros. Red wings seem to age better but are expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back