Fixed a dvd drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
The belt which opens the tray was slipping, so I tried some rubber rejuvenator I had laying around (for paper pickup rollers on laser printers) and it seems to be working.

Must be American brand is it?
48.gif

I fixed a VHS rewinder by replacing broken belt with an ordinary rubber band.

Fixed a DVD player by stiffening the lazer anti shock springs with a little neoprene from a mouse pad!

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Should have just bought a new belt at Autozone.......
13.gif

I thought about taking one off another CD-ROM drive, but slathering rejuvenator all over the belt didn't even require me to take the drive apart.

Originally Posted By: eljefino

Fixed a DVD player by stiffening the lazer anti shock springs with a little neoprene from a mouse pad!

I once fixed an Atari 2600 joystick by replacing the spring under the firing button with a spring from a pen!

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Aren't we still boycotting AZ because of the Friends/Family coupon fiasco?

The only reason I would have to boycott AZ is that I sometimes think I might be in the middle of a gang fight by going in the place.

Originally Posted By: brianl703
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Aren't we still boycotting AZ because of the Friends/Family coupon fiasco?

The only reason I would have to boycott AZ is that I sometimes think I might be in the middle of a gang fight by going in the place.

I felt the same way at some of the Autozones in San Diego.......
21.gif

I have never witnessed a shooting or gang fight or drug dealing here. Although I'm told it goes on in Toronto all the time, I have never witnessed it. Even when I spend nights at a hotel for work and we are walking the streets at night returning from dinner or an outing late at night..

Now, not picking on the state of NY, but every time I'm there (Buffalo and general area) for my cheap goods shopping trip, I always seem to see something bad going on. Car chases, drug dealing etc.

Is it really that much worse over there? (Asking honestly)

The only real obvious evidence of gang activity around here (other than the police reports) are the gang taggings. That's probably because the police do a very good job of keeping the problem under control. They actually have a regional gang task force.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
At work, we just use O-rings available from the hardware store. Works like new.

This belt is more square in cross section, not sure an o-ring would have worked.

We have a task force too... I haven't seen much tagging in Toronto, either because there is less activity or the city does a great job cleaning it up... Dunno.
21.gif

Scary to think about that though... Could be minding your own business and *BANG* you are caught in the crossfire and your life changes.
27.gif

Originally Posted By: brianl703
At work, we just use O-rings available from the hardware store. Works like new.

This belt is more square in cross section, not sure an o-ring would have worked.

We noticed that too, but as it turns out it doesn't matter. They seem to stay in the groove regardless of roundness or square. We buy them by the hundreds and I haven't heard of a problem.

Originally Posted By: eljefino

I once successfully fixed the Blaupunkt cassette player mechanism in a Delco radio the same way. Had to try several different size bands to get the tape speed correct.
wink.gif

We noticed that too, but as it turns out it doesn't matter. They seem to stay in the groove regardless of roundness or square. We buy them by the hundreds and I haven't heard of a problem.

I might have to try that, the belt is still slipping although not as bad as it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back