can you recomend a filter for ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you recommend a oil filter for a kia spectra 2003. I found specifications for size of the threads and the filter size. I know that some honda filters fit ,but i can not find the other filters but i know that the fram PH9688 3.08" Height, 20 mm x 1.5 mm Thread ID, 3.02" OD, 9-15 Relief Valve Setting PSI, With Anti-Drain Valve will fit but what else?

Try a STP 3950. I recently scored a Pronto PO 4619. Unfortunately both have a dome end bypass. Both are American made.

Anything but fram dude!

15.gif

Originally Posted By: daman
Anything but fram dude!

15.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Yeah, get a wix.

Originally Posted By: chad8
Can you recommend a oil filter for a kia spectra 2003. I found specifications for size of the threads and the filter size. I know that some honda filters fit ,but i can not find the other filters but i know that the fram PH9688 3.08" Height, 20 mm x 1.5 mm Thread ID, 3.02" OD, 9-15 Relief Valve Setting PSI, With Anti-Drain Valve will fit but what else?
My mom is using the Hyundai/Kia OEM filters. One solidly built filter inside. I have cut them open. They are a reasonable price too!

Check the price at Kia, and check the price for a Hyundai Elantra 4 cylinder at Hyundai. (Same Filter).

If it can use a Honda filter... the following should work:
Wix 1356/Fram 7317
Wix 1334/Fram 3593A
Wix 1365/Fram 6607 (small filter)

But I would use what's recommended until you can find out otherwise.

I just put a PL14610 on my mother in laws 2008 Kia Spectra....had a case of them and I didn't feel like going to the store....it got a cocktail of Castrol GTX 5w20 and PYB 5w30
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back