Mobil 1 visists Orange County Choppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your average occ bike never moves. A good wax to keep the paint nice and rust free is more important to the longevity of the bike overall compared to oil. Throw some supertech in there, it'll never circulate anyway, doesn't matter.
And senior looks way skinnier and weaker now. Says uh way too much when he's being paid to talk about what he doesn't know (oil) aswell.

Last edited:
Mobil 1 has probably always worked for them, so why change?

Doubt XOM pays them anything.

How about they use Mobil 1 because it is the best? After all, doesn't Mobil 1 products come in at #2 in Amsoil's own testing? Motor oil #2, Gear oils #2, MC oils #2.

FWIW, back in 2003 Amsoil was about to release their new MC oils but Mobil 1 had reformulated theirs and had a better product. Amsoil then went back to the drawing board and pulled their release date back. That is a rumor I've heard. Don't hate on Mobil 1.
grin2.gif

Who gives a hoot about the oil??

His favorite car is a 64 GTO and that makes him ok in my book!!LOL..

Originally Posted By: 72customdeluxe

And senior looks way skinnier and weaker now.

Yea he does, is he sick or something? Ever since the show was moved off Discovery I stopped watching it, so I haven't seen SR in a while.

He is getting older. Hard to maintain your physique the older you become. Law of nature.

Just seemed like he shrunk real fast. I know all to well about getting older, but it just seemed he lost a lot of weight in a short period of time. You're probably right though!

The shows on cable TV were likely filmed a year, maybe two, ago.
My memory in regard to this 'show' could be faulty but I recall that they used a different oil in the early years.
Rewrite history for promotional fees?
Not unheard of to be sure.
Of course the filling of the oil tank is a fleeting second or two as they get ready to fire up the motor.
Anyone with a sharp memory of early episodes?

I do remember Vin pouring a purple oil into a build once so I bet they are getting paid. More power to them! If someone would hand me money to use a high dollar synthetic lube I'd do it all day long!!

Royal Purple eh?

I'm sure it's possible and I know stuff like this goes on. Fact of the matter is though, Mobil 1 MC oils are among the best there are and Amsoil's own White Paper proves it.

That show has jumped the shark some time ago.

There's no natural drama left ... they're relying on manufactured controversy and scripted effect.

Plus, the bikes are essentially the same, with a little different bling around the peripheral.

Let's see some inline 4's ... or a wicked V-8 ... or anything other than the stereotypical V-Twin with the massive negative space around the engine, the absurdly small gas tank, and the freakish rake on the front end!

I'm ripped on red wine tonight and I'm in a combative mood!
happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: TucsonDon

Let's see some inline 4's ... or a wicked V-8 ... or anything other than the stereotypical V-Twin with the massive negative space around the engine, the absurdly small gas tank, and the freakish rake on the front end!

I agree...I'd like to see them customize some street bikes like a HD Road King or a Honda VTX1800....something different maybe even a Honda Gold Wing rat bike.

Originally Posted By: TucsonDon
That show has jumped the shark some time ago.

There's no natural drama left ... they're relying on manufactured controversy and scripted effect.

There never was any "natural" drama in this show. Ever.
The producers come to them, tell them exactly what to say, including the subjects of the conflicts and how often to be conflicted.
Do you think anybody would ever watch this show if they were all one happy, cheery family?
That is how all of your reality shows work.

I watched about one show when it first came out and it was pretty obvious then.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
There never was any "natural" drama in this show. Ever.
The producers come to them, tell them exactly what to say, including the subjects of the conflicts and how often to be conflicted.
Do you think anybody would ever watch this show if they were all one happy, cheery family?
That is how all of your reality shows work.

I watched about one show when it first came out and it was pretty obvious then.

In the very beginning the producers would have seen the possibility of drama inherent in the personalities.

If they really were "one happy, cheery family" the producers would not have gone forward with the program.

To say there was "never" any natural drama is a stretch.

But the appeal of the original drama, which was a kind of creative tension between Sr. and Jr., wore thin.

And that's when they started manufacturing more and more.

That is what I meant.

I grow weary of the utter lack of graciousness present in most people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back