Luvin' the tcw3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad it's nothing major!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
Falcon:

Can't you get beheaded over there if you're caught taking pictures up your car's exhaust pipe?
wink.gif

That's just wrong. If I didn't know you better ekpolk and know you were joking I would think much less of you now, but since I know the kinda guy you are... I'm ROFL
grin2.gif

I have been using the Wally Supertech tcw3 @1.5 to 5.5 gal(470:1) in non-ethanol gas for my small engines. Does anyone forsee a compatability problem by mixing the proper Stabil ratio with the tcw3? Thanks, Rick.

I've mixed stabil with TC-W3 for winter storage of gas in 6 gallon outboard engine gas tanks. No issues at all.

Sta-bil is an integral part of my fuel reserve program. I put both Sta-bil and some FP+ in the 5 gal cans when I fill them. Keeping my stock rotated, I pull out the eldest can on the weekend, dump it into one of the cars, then refill both when I'm out later and stop for gas. I add the PZ-Syn TC-W3 to the car at the station before pumping.

I have noticed nothing close to a problem having both Stabil and TC-W3 in my cars, though perhaps the Stabil's potency is diminished or depleted because it's been in the gas can for 1-2 months.
cheers3.gif

Does the Pennzoil syn tcw3 smell like death? Just out of the bottle, I know you can't tell with the exhaust. I'm (somewhat literally) sick of the wally world oil. Being my filler neck is right behind the driver side window. It stank. And mmo made my exhaust smell good aswell

Originally Posted By: 72customdeluxe
Does the Pennzoil syn tcw3 smell like death? Just out of the bottle, I know you can't tell with the exhaust. I'm (somewhat literally) sick of the wally world oil. Being my filler neck is right behind the driver side window. It stank. And mmo made my exhaust smell good aswell

The Pennzoil synthetic blend and full synthetic oils both have very mild smells compared to the Super Tech brand blue bottle stuff.

Originally Posted By: 72customdeluxe

Nah, somewhere between hot liquid plastic and fresh fruit, if that makes any sense. . .

FYI- Everyone. I got a box filled with 3 oil analysis containers going out to Polaris labs tomorrow. One of them has a virgin sample of Amsoil Saber Outboard 100:1 TCW3 taken from a well agitated bottle. I should get the analysis back by next weekend and will post in VOA section for those that are curious. I smelled the lovely blue liquid before I capped the sample bottle and the olfactory senses were definitely not overwhelmed.

Originally Posted By: pickled
FYI- Everyone. I got a box filled with 3 oil analysis containers going out to Polaris labs tomorrow. One of them has a virgin sample of Amsoil Saber Outboard 100:1 TCW3 taken from a well agitated bottle. I should get the analysis back by next weekend and will post in VOA section for those that are curious. I smelled the lovely blue liquid before I capped the sample bottle and the olfactory senses were definitely not overwhelmed.
Thanks in advance for that pickled!

I've been trying tcw3 lately after seeing this thread.

I mix it with lab grade Acetone, to offset the octane depletion, and to make delivery easier.

I mix 8 oz of tcw3 to a one Liter bottle of Acetone, and make four shots out of that Liter. I then ad one shot to a full take, which is 11 gallons or more.

So far so good.

Originally Posted By: JakeR22

I mix it with lab grade Acetone, to offset the octane depletion, and to make delivery easier.

I mix 8 oz of tcw3 to a one Liter bottle of Acetone, and make four shots out of that Liter. I then ad one shot to a full take, which is 11 gallons or more.

So far so good.

I haven't heard of octane depletion with tcw3 before. How bad is it?

Originally Posted By: jackson
Originally Posted By: JakeR22

So far so good.

An OD on TCw-3 will cause rough running, misfires, and lack of power, while it fouls the plugs out. It will also lower the octane content of the gas IIRC. Don't OD on the TCW-3 and you'll be fine!

Originally Posted By: jackson
JakeR22 said:

Must not be that bad my truck requires 93 octane and does not react well to even 89 or 91 octane. I add 1 ounce per 5 gallons to 93 octane and the trucks runs fine, no knocks or misfires detected on the live data stream from the EMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back